Concerts?

iVillage Member
Registered: 08-08-2003
Concerts?
30
Fri, 09-07-2012 - 3:32pm

Hugs......Get your tickets now!  Did you hear Paul McCartney is coming to St Louis?  Nov 11.  

I know you like him.  :smileyhappy:

Does anyone here like to go to concerts, is there anyone you would go to see?

I think my concert days are over.  I'm more of a Broadway show girl now.  Loved seeing Phantom of the Opera a few years ago!

 

Photobucket

Pages

Avatar for neverstopping
iVillage Member
Registered: 02-25-2000
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 10:44pm
wildflower05 wrote:
neverstopping wrote:
wildflower05 wrote:

Donna, I just mentioned to Ludam I would love to see The Lion King live!  After all these years it still gets great reviews.

You do go to a lot of concerts!  Will you be seeing the famous violin guy at Branson?  (can't think of his name off hand)

Yes my kids' band, piano, and choral concerts were my favorite too.  :smileyhappy:

I wish I had kept track of all the shows and performers I have seen throughout my lifetime, truly in the hundress I'm sure. My parents loved live stage, too, so it's in my blood! <s> So happy my dh also loves them.

Shoji Tabuchi I believe is who you're referring to? You know, we just might go to one of his shows while there. I've seen him a couple of times, but my dh hasn't. His show is fabulous and one of the uppermost best ones in Branson, We'll decide when we get there.

Yes, that's who I was thinking of.  Whatever you see I'm sure it will be good.

When my daughter was in 4th grade, I took her out of school for the afternoon to see Phantom with my mom,  3rd row seats. We could sing every song and to this day she listens to the soundtrack in her car.

We're here in Branson now and have decided to not see the Shoji Tabuchi show. The hottest show in town now is SIX and we'll be seeing that tomorrow. We'll also see Clay Cooper tomorrow. Yes, two shows in one day! We'll be tired tomorrow night..LOL!! Today, Sunday, we went to the Sunday Gospel Jubilee and got to see/hear some good ol' toe tapping hand clapping gospel music. It was really good! That's tomorrow. Wednesday we'll do ziplining and then a day at Silver Dollar City. Thursday will be another day at Silver Dollar City. We'll see several shows there, mostly gospel and bluegrass. Friday..home!

I loved Phantom of the Opera, one of my favorites!! I still play the soundtrack in my car too, great music!! Glad your dd still likes listening to it!!

Photobucket

Avatar for grammyellen
iVillage Member
Registered: 04-04-2007
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 7:34am

i love going to concerts, though we don't go as often anymore. when mo and i first married we went and saw elvis and then later saw dolly parton. i was a huge elvis fan and mo just loves dolly, lol.

i would go see blake shelton again in a heartbeat.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Registered: 08-08-2003
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 10:58am
neverstopping wrote:
wildflower05 wrote:
neverstopping wrote:
wildflower05 wrote:

Donna, I just mentioned to Ludam I would love to see The Lion King live!  After all these years it still gets great reviews.

You do go to a lot of concerts!  Will you be seeing the famous violin guy at Branson?  (can't think of his name off hand)

Yes my kids' band, piano, and choral concerts were my favorite too.  :smileyhappy:

I wish I had kept track of all the shows and performers I have seen throughout my lifetime, truly in the hundress I'm sure. My parents loved live stage, too, so it's in my blood! <s> So happy my dh also loves them.

Shoji Tabuchi I believe is who you're referring to? You know, we just might go to one of his shows while there. I've seen him a couple of times, but my dh hasn't. His show is fabulous and one of the uppermost best ones in Branson, We'll decide when we get there.

Yes, that's who I was thinking of.  Whatever you see I'm sure it will be good.

When my daughter was in 4th grade, I took her out of school for the afternoon to see Phantom with my mom,  3rd row seats. We could sing every song and to this day she listens to the soundtrack in her car.

We're here in Branson now and have decided to not see the Shoji Tabuchi show. The hottest show in town now is SIX and we'll be seeing that tomorrow. We'll also see Clay Cooper tomorrow. Yes, two shows in one day! We'll be tired tomorrow night..LOL!! Today, Sunday, we went to the Sunday Gospel Jubilee and got to see/hear some good ol' toe tapping hand clapping gospel music. It was really good! That's tomorrow. Wednesday we'll do ziplining and then a day at Silver Dollar City. Thursday will be another day at Silver Dollar City. We'll see several shows there, mostly gospel and bluegrass. Friday..home!

I loved Phantom of the Opera, one of my favorites!! I still play the soundtrack in my car too, great music!! Glad your dd still likes listening to it!!

Donna, let us know how those shows are!!

Good for you ziplining today!  My kids have done that but I haven't.

We have been to Silver Dollar City several times when our kids were younger, haven't been in years now, we should go again.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Registered: 08-08-2003
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 11:00am
grammyellen wrote:

i love going to concerts, though we don't go as often anymore. when mo and i first married we went and saw elvis and then later saw dolly parton. i was a huge elvis fan and mo just loves dolly, lol.

i would go see blake shelton again in a heartbeat.

You saw Elvis???!!!

How old was he?  I love watching those old tapes when he was young.

I love Blake Shelton since seeing him on The Voice.  Never heard his music though.

Photobucket
Avatar for grammyellen
iVillage Member
Registered: 04-04-2007
In reply to: grammyellen
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 11:07am

yes ma'am, i saw him in 1974 three years before he died. he was something and put on a great show.

oh blake is really good. i could listen to him all the time.

i have been to two concerts that i have not cared for and i have been to many over the years. the first was b.j. thomas, i just loved him growing up. he came to the college i went to and was stoned out of his mind and could not remember any of his song lyrics. the other was roy clark, it was when he was on heehaw and was very popular. he was really drunk and made some really raunchy comments, just really turned me off him completely.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Registered: 08-08-2003
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 11:23am
hugss wrote:
We couldn't get any :smileysad:

Sorry Hugs, were they sold out?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Registered: 08-08-2003
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 11:25am
grammyellen wrote:

yes ma'am, i saw him in 1974 three years before he died. he was something and put on a great show.

oh blake is really good. i could listen to him all the time.

i have been to two concerts that i have not cared for and i have been to many over the years. the first was b.j. thomas, i just loved him growing up. he came to the college i went to and was stoned out of his mind and could not remember any of his song lyrics. the other was roy clark, it was when he was on heehaw and was very popular. he was really drunk and made some really raunchy comments, just really turned me off him completely.

Oh my on BJ Thomas and Roy Clark!  Is Roy Clark still alive?

Photobucket
Avatar for hugss
iVillage Member
Registered: 09-25-2010
In reply to: hugss
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 12:10pm
Yes they were sold out :smileysad:




Avatar for grammyellen
iVillage Member
Registered: 04-04-2007
In reply to: grammyellen
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 12:14pm

yeah he is, he's 79

Photobucket

Pages