Found 2 Holes

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-07-2008
Found 2 Holes
10
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 9:48pm

  in my backyard near my fruit tree.. Two holes that look like little tunnels near one fruit tree. I hope the animal leaves my

tree alone along with my other plants. Last week my swh and I went to a fleamarket and bought a plant.

The vendor told us a gopher ate one of his plants. I was listening but not really paying attention to his story.

Now after he tells this, I find holes in my yard that were never there before.

Avatar for hugss
iVillage Member
Registered: 09-25-2010
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 11:11pm
sweetrose007x wrote:

  in my backyard near my fruit tree.. Two holes that look like little tunnels near one fruit tree. I hope the animal leaves my

tree alone along with my other plants. Last week my swh and I went to a fleamarket and bought a plant.

The vendor told us a gopher ate one of his plants. I was listening but not really paying attention to his story.

Now after he tells this, I find holes in my yard that were never there before.

Good luck with this :smileyhappy:





iVillage Member
Registered: 10-07-2008
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 11:14pm
hugss wrote:
sweetrose007x wrote:

  in my backyard near my fruit tree.. Two holes that look like little tunnels near one fruit tree. I hope the animal leaves my

tree alone along with my other plants. Last week my swh and I went to a fleamarket and bought a plant.

The vendor told us a gopher ate one of his plants. I was listening but not really paying attention to his story.

Now after he tells this, I find holes in my yard that were never there before.

Good luck with this :smileyhappy:

       I will not let that animal get to me. I was thinking I had to change my garden, but will see how it goes.

 

Avatar for hugss
iVillage Member
Registered: 09-25-2010
In reply to: hugss
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 11:18pm
Time will tell just wait & watch :smileyhappy:




iVillage Member
Registered: 10-07-2008
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 11:20pm
hugss wrote:
Time will tell just wait & watch :smileyhappy:        Yep other wise will make a trip to Home D .  

 

Avatar for hugss
iVillage Member
Registered: 09-25-2010
In reply to: hugss
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 11:27pm
Good luck :smileyhappy:




iVillage Member
Registered: 10-07-2008
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 11:40pm
hugss wrote:
Good luck :smileyhappy:      yep this will be interesting.

 

Avatar for neverstopping
iVillage Member
Registered: 02-25-2000
Tue, 08-21-2012 - 1:33am

Oh, no, hope you can solve that problem for it could get really bad!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-07-2008
Tue, 08-21-2012 - 1:37am
neverstopping wrote:

Oh, no, hope you can solve that problem for it could get really bad!!   I know me too...I checked and so far no new holes, but it could change after this.

 

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-16-2002
Tue, 08-21-2012 - 6:30pm

Hi Aileen,

Around here, we call these animals moles.  Yep, they burrow in and make a tunnel and then another hole to get out.

The tunnels here are not very deep.  Sometimes Buddy gets the scent and digs after them.  Doesn't matter really, here in my yard but they can mess up nice yards.

I think there's a poison you can put in the holes.

Otherwise, you might want to remove the plant you got at the fleamarket - sounds like it attracts them.

Good luck & let us know!


Photobucket
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-07-2008
Tue, 08-21-2012 - 6:52pm
jammin2bach wrote:

Hi Aileen,

Around here, we call these animals moles.  Yep, they burrow in and make a tunnel and then another hole to get out.

The tunnels here are not very deep.  Sometimes Buddy gets the scent and digs after them.  Doesn't matter really, here in my yard but they can mess up nice yards.

I think there's a poison you can put in the holes.

Otherwise, you might want to remove the plant you got at the fleamarket - sounds like it attracts them.

Good luck & let us know!

    Diana.. if I see more holes, someone suggested castor oil seeds...i may look into that. I check the ground everyday. I put my plant from the fleamarket in a big pot. Your dog must have fun digging after the animals.