Happy New Year 2013!! Who has plans tonight??

iVillage Member
Happy New Year 2013!! Who has plans tonight??
Mon, 12-31-2012 - 3:09pm

We're staying safely at home and we'll have a smooch at midnight if we're still awake..LOL!!

What are y'all doing tonight??

What are some of your good memories of celebrating NYE??

Photobucket

iVillage Member

Some of my NYE memories include.....

As children growing up, my family usually went to my favorite aunt's home for NYE. She always cooked spaghetti for the occasion and it was fun playing with our cousins and banging pots & pans at midnight. It was a very big deal to be able to stay up that late!! lol

As a young adult and dating, there were either house parties with friends or sometimes formal dinner parties at beautiful banquet facilities with live dance bands. Good times!! One of my favorite memories was out with my boyfriend at that time and another couple to Times Square in NYCity!! Exciting and fun experience that I will never forget!!

As young marrieds raising children, we either stayed home and celebrated with our kids or we'd have or go to house parties with all of our kids included.

As empty nesters, usually house parties with friends or getting together with our adult kids.

As seniors, sometimes house parties with friends or family. We're happy to be staying home this year on this dismal cold misty rainy turning into snow later kind of winter day! Times have changed my friends, times have indeed changed! lol

Stay safe whatever you do!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-31-2012 - 5:24pm

Happy New Year Donna :)

No plans here for us except watching the ball drop later,
Your NY's memories are great & very familiar <wink>
I do recall we had some fun parties we went to as well
Even as adults here where we are now
Loved the fact that the parties were at places we could walk to & from.

Wishing weveryone a happy & healthy New year :)

iVillage Member

Hugs..We remembered to watch the ball drop too. I sure did miss Guy Lombardo and the Royal Canadians and missed Dick Clark too!! I can't stand the music they play now or have played for many years now. I mute most of it and just watch the ball drop and that's enough for this ol' gal!!

I kind of miss the NYE parties we used to have or go to. Just wasn't up to it this year, though, so glad we got no invitations. I think we were still worn out from all the parties and outings we went to over the past month and the wedding last Saturday. It was so nice to stay home safe and warm, eat spaghetti dinner, watch a movie and relax!!

Happy New Year to you too and to everyone else also!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Happy New Year to everyone. We did our first walk on the NY day We will watch a dvd movie
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-01-2013 - 6:29pm

The music they play now is awful Donna,
for the NYE's watching the ball drop!  Shame on them , LOL
Glad you did remember to see it though
Yes we actually couldn't find where Ryan Seacrest was hosting where DC use to as well ..

iVillage Member

We had a quiet night at home which was just fine with me.

One of my better memories is when our family was in NY CIty New Year's Eve, we enjoyed watching all the preparations for the ball drop but got out of town 2-3 hours before the event,  went to our motel and watched it from there.  lol  That may be the last time I watched tv on NY eve, don't usually watch the ball drop.

Photobucket