a little good news

Avatar for grammyellen
iVillage Member
Registered: 04-04-2007
a little good news
18
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 12:36pm

melissa just called and it's not cancer!!!! she has what's called fibercystic breasts. this is just the first one she has felt but there are others in there. they are going to do a bunch of bloodwork to see if she has an imbalance anywhere and go from there.

can breathe a little easier with this one. now have to wait for the other situation to be resolved and then i will be ok.

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-18-2003
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 12:47pm

Ellen that is very good news...
I know you all must be breathing easier now:)

Hope that other situation is resolved soon with a happy ending:)

Photobucket
Avatar for neverstopping
iVillage Member
Registered: 02-25-2000
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 12:48pm
grammyellen wrote:

melissa just called and it's not cancer!!!! she has what's called fibercystic breasts. this is just the first one she has felt but there are others in there. they are going to do a bunch of bloodwork to see if she has an imbalance anywhere and go from there.

can breathe a little easier with this one. now have to wait for the other situation to be resolved and then i will be ok.

Whew, what an enormous relief for all of you!!! Very happy to hear this good news Ellen, great way to start the week off!!

Photobucket

Avatar for hugss
iVillage Member
Registered: 09-25-2010
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 1:36pm
grammyellen wrote:

melissa just called and it's not cancer!!!! she has what's called fibercystic breasts. this is just the first one she has felt but there are others in there. they are going to do a bunch of bloodwork to see if she has an imbalance anywhere and go from there.

can breathe a little easier with this one. now have to wait for the other situation to be resolved and then i will be ok.

That is fabulous news to hear Ellen,
YaY a sigh of relief for you both I am sure!
OK one down then ..
Let us know about after the blood work
Although I believe as long as they keep on her all should be ok.
Thanks for sharing your fabulous news with us :)




iVillage Member
Registered: 10-07-2008
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 2:40pm

:smileyhappy: for the good news for you. I think my neighbor has that condition.

Avatar for neverstopping
iVillage Member
Registered: 02-25-2000
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 3:56pm
sweetrose007x wrote:

:smileyhappy: for the good news for you. I think my neighbor has that condition.

I also have fibrocystic breasts. Makes it hard to self exam due to such lumpiness. It makes it even more important for us to get professional breast exams and mammograms regularly!! I just got my yearly exam two weeks ago and next week is my yearly mammogram.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-07-2008
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 4:05pm
neverstopping wrote:
sweetrose007x wrote:

:smileyhappy: for the good news for you. I think my neighbor has that condition.

I also have fibrocystic breasts. Makes it hard to self exam due to such lumpiness. It makes it even more important for us to get professional breast exams and mammograms regularly!! I just got my yearly exam two weeks ago and next week is my yearly mammogram.

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-16-2002
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 5:56pm

what a relief, Ellen, bet you are very thankful.

I thought I had it when I was 12.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Registered: 08-08-2003
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 8:52pm

That's great news Ellen!!

My friend has that, she has to watch her caffeine or she gets more lumps.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Registered: 03-08-2005
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 11:29pm

So glad it is all working out for you guys. fingers crossed the rest eill work out too

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Registered: 07-07-2008
Tue, 04-10-2012 - 10:13am

Ellen,

That must be such a relief to all of you.

Pages