My dr appt

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-08-2005
My dr appt
23
Thu, 02-16-2012 - 8:10pm

Well i will live for a while longer lol

My iron level for a person with diabetes should be 15....well mine is 5. the dr explained that my red blood cells will not be taking enough oxygen to my cells and i would be sicky and very tired....Can you say ding ding ding!!

Finally some answers

So i am on double the iron i take when my iron is low...vitamin b 12.

she gave me new arthritis drugs because the test ones she gave me are expensive and have ones that are the same but with no tummy guard.

I also have a bad ear infection. so am on drugs for that for a week.

i also had been checking my blood presure at the drug store from time to time and it is high...so i got something for that too.

Dh got a big wax ball removed from his ear

So we will see what happens with my new meds.

Photobucket
Avatar for hugss
iVillage Member
Registered: 09-25-2010
Fri, 02-17-2012 - 11:35am
Nice on those free meds, woohoo!
YaY on the blood sugar .. proud of you
Well maybe *age* has to do with the iron thing?
anyways behave & take all you need to :)




iVillage Member
Registered: 10-23-2007
Fri, 02-17-2012 - 11:39am
Oh, man I hate the game of finding meds :( But I'm glad you get to live longer :)

When my blood pressure was "high" (it only seemed to spike a bit when I was at appointments but that to me is normal- you're nervous, at least I was) and my grandfather had high blood pressure issues as well and we both started using sea salt instead of the other types of salt and we both could see a difference. I don't think I am much of an example on how it helps but my grandpa is for sure.

I've also heard feverfew capsules is good for arthritis from either Dr. Oz or The Doctors, pretty sure it was Oz. It has a calming effect for inflammation and calms things down. It's in my face lotion to help with the redness.
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-07-2008
Fri, 02-17-2012 - 12:50pm

my mother takes high blood pressure pills, too.

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-07-2008
Fri, 02-17-2012 - 12:54pm
veercan2005 wrote:
sweetrose007x wrote:

glad your dh got the wax out.

Glad for your different meds for iron , arthritis, and blood pressure.


yes he hears better already

I hope my meds make a differance...my ear is driving me crazy

You mean the wax? maybe the meds too.

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-08-2005
Sat, 02-18-2012 - 9:13am
hugss wrote:
Nice on those free meds, woohoo!
YaY on the blood sugar .. proud of you
Well maybe *age* has to do with the iron thing?
anyways behave & take all you need to :)


My ear is driving me nuts today. draining and stuffed. i have no balance. Wish the puppy would nap and then i could too.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Registered: 03-08-2005
Sat, 02-18-2012 - 9:21am
sugarrush66 wrote:
Oh, man I hate the game of finding meds :( But I'm glad you get to live longer :)

When my blood pressure was "high" (it only seemed to spike a bit when I was at appointments but that to me is normal- you're nervous, at least I was) and my grandfather had high blood pressure issues as well and we both started using sea salt instead of the other types of salt and we both could see a difference. I don't think I am much of an example on how it helps but my grandpa is for sure.

I've also heard feverfew capsules is good for arthritis from either Dr. Oz or The Doctors, pretty sure it was Oz. It has a calming effect for inflammation and calms things down. It's in my face lotion to help with the redness.


I know my blood pressure goes up when at the dr office...mine always did too. lately i have been testing it at the drugstore too and with the highs it was a couple years ago at another dr and lately at drug store...now at dr...i need something. mine was in the 150`s this time. at the drug store last time it was 167. so this is just not a one time thing. untill a few years ago i never had an elevated blood pressure.

So i hope it help. it also had a diaretic in the high blood pressure pill and i have peed so much since going on them. I fit better into my pants to...i must have been retaining a LOT of fluids.

Ya i hope this combo of pils does the job.

Photobucket
Avatar for hugss
iVillage Member
Registered: 09-25-2010
Sat, 02-18-2012 - 9:38am
Awww bummer on the ear Glenda,
Make Max tired so he will nap
Later you too then .. feel better :)




iVillage Member
Registered: 03-08-2005
Sat, 02-18-2012 - 9:55am
hugss wrote:
Awww bummer on the ear Glenda,
Make Max tired so he will nap
Later you too then .. feel better :)


I hope he wears down.

yesterday (after grant heard what the dr said) he desided to help clean the house. so i actually got more of the kitchen organized again and the last of the china cabnet is in the dishwasher now. A few more cupboards to clean. got to get a plastic tub to put the rest of the rv stuff in it. Then the bathroom pantry. Cant wait to get the rest of the stuff off the bathroom floor and away

Photobucket
Avatar for hugss
iVillage Member
Registered: 09-25-2010
Sat, 02-18-2012 - 10:23am
Nice dh helped (bout time )
Wow you're doing lots & I am impressed!
Don't forget to nap later too :)




Avatar for grammyellen
iVillage Member
Registered: 04-04-2007
Sat, 02-18-2012 - 10:25am
Hope you get some rest and feel better soon. Big hugs

Photobucket