Pull Out strings

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-07-2008
Pull Out strings
13
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 10:52pm

    

I really like it when the yarn has the pull out strings. Makes crocheting or knitting easier. I have been noticing a lot of the yarns that have no pull out ones for easier use. I get frustrated and have to pull a bunch out  and make a separate ball  all the time.

Does anyone who knits or crochets notice this.? Just wondered.

Pages

Avatar for hugss
iVillage Member
Registered: 09-25-2010
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 11:10pm
sweetrose007x wrote:

    

I really like it when the yarn has the pull out strings. Makes crocheting or knitting easier. I have been noticing a lot of the yarns that have no pull out ones for easier use. I get frustrated and have to pull a bunch out  and make a separate ball  all the time.

Does anyone who knits or crochets notice this.? Just wondered.

Just in the beginning if I recall :smileyhappy:





iVillage Member
Registered: 10-07-2008
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 11:15pm
hugss wrote:
sweetrose007x wrote:

    

I really like it when the yarn has the pull out strings. Makes crocheting or knitting easier. I have been noticing a lot of the yarns that have no pull out ones for easier use. I get frustrated and have to pull a bunch out  and make a separate ball  all the time.

Does anyone who knits or crochets notice this.? Just wondered.

Just in the beginning if I recall :smileyhappy:

     now that I got the crochet bug , I notice this with a few yarns I bought.

 

Avatar for hugss
iVillage Member
Registered: 09-25-2010
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 11:18pm
Ahh well I don't really know, sorry ..




iVillage Member
Registered: 10-07-2008
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 11:22pm
hugss wrote:
Ahh well I don't really know, sorry ..    yes well maybe I guess I will just have to patiently deal with this. It probably will not change.

 

Avatar for hugss
iVillage Member
Registered: 09-25-2010
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 11:26pm
Probably not ..




iVillage Member
Registered: 10-07-2008
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 11:41pm
hugss wrote:
Probably not ..     true on that.

 

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-16-2002
Thu, 08-23-2012 - 6:26pm

Hi Aileen,

I'm not sure what you mean about pull out strings -

I do remember when I crocheted it took awhile to get the tension even.

I also remember fudging stitches that didn't seem to make sense to me, and that being ok.

I mentioned it to an avid crafter, this was years ago, but she said she did that too.

Easier and more rewarding to me was when I did rug hooking - pillows mostly.

I still have - or did I get rid of it - a kit that didn't have enough yarn pieces to finish it.  It was a big project too.

Oh well!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-07-2008
Thu, 08-23-2012 - 6:52pm
jammin2bach wrote:

Hi Aileen,    Hi Diana

I'm not sure what you mean about pull out strings -      When I buy yarn there is usually a string about an inch or so in the middle where one  can pull it to start the crochet or knitting.

I do remember when I crocheted it took awhile to get the tension even.  Yes hard to get everything not too tight or too loose.

I also remember fudging stitches that didn't seem to make sense to me, and that being ok.

I mentioned it to an avid crafter, this was years ago, but she said she did that too.

Easier and more rewarding to me was when I did rug hooking - pillows mostly.   I remember hooking a rug.

I still have - or did I get rid of it - a kit that didn't have enough yarn pieces to finish it.  It was a big project too.

Oh well!  I do prefer crochet though...easier for me . I was borrowing crochet books from the library. Good grief I only do simple easy projects , but the pictures sure looked nice.

 

iVillage Member
Registered: 06-27-2011
Fri, 08-24-2012 - 11:50am

Aileen I am finding that too..and it is very frustrating and I say lots of ugly words..

did you see that link I put up about all those free patterns?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-07-2008
Fri, 08-24-2012 - 12:07pm
wolfiesrule wrote:

Aileen I am finding that too..and it is very frustrating and I say lots of ugly words..    I was just doing one stupid yarn and have to separate them into easier balls to use.

did you see that link I put up about all those free patterns?    yes i did ...nice patterns. I am trying out a half double crochet. As of now I like the shell, the crazy stitch and this half double crochet. I tried the front loop. It started fine then went goofy. Maybe I was a bit tight on the yarn.

 

Pages