Went To Michaels

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-07-2008
Went To Michaels
24
Thu, 09-06-2012 - 9:59pm

To look at their clearance boxes and found 2 unusual yarns .  Well unusual for me.

  They are cotton cloths in strips called Sugar and Cream Scrubby on clearance sale. Decided to try and crochet them into my first ever dishcloths.  Very unusual to crochet with . I made 1 and finished  it.  

Pages

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-16-2002
Thu, 09-06-2012 - 11:11pm
sweetrose007x wrote:

To look at their clearance boxes and found 2 unusual yarns .  Well unusual for me.

  They are cotton cloths in strips called Sugar and Cream Scrubby on clearance sale. Decided to try and crochet them into my first ever dishcloths.  Very unusual to crochet with . I made 1 and finished  it.  

Nice, Aileen!  Are the strips wider than regular yarn?

I really want to see a pic of one of your dishcloths!

Know what?  Don't know if you know this.  At our Michael's, they have rewards cards now.  For each $100 you spend, you get $5.

On your first purchase, you get 20 per cent off -

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-07-2008
Thu, 09-06-2012 - 11:21pm
jammin2bach wrote:
sweetrose007x wrote:

To look at their clearance boxes and found 2 unusual yarns .  Well unusual for me.

  They are cotton cloths in strips called Sugar and Cream Scrubby on clearance sale. Decided to try and crochet them into my first ever dishcloths.  Very unusual to crochet with . I made 1 and finished  it.  

Nice, Aileen!  Are the strips wider than regular yarn?   ...no not wide

I really want to see a pic of one of your dishcloths! will try again on this.

Know what?  Don't know if you know this.  At our Michael's, they have rewards cards now.  For each $100 you spend, you get $5.

On your first purchase, you get 20 per cent off -    nice but I do not spend that much in one buy.

 

Avatar for hugss
iVillage Member
Registered: 09-25-2010
Thu, 09-06-2012 - 11:33pm
Sounds great :smileyhappy:




iVillage Member
Registered: 10-07-2008
Thu, 09-06-2012 - 11:46pm
hugss wrote:
Sounds great :smileyhappy:    yes good for me to play around with. see below

 

Avatar for hugss
iVillage Member
Registered: 09-25-2010
Thu, 09-06-2012 - 11:51pm
Very nice :smileyhappy:




iVillage Member
Registered: 10-07-2008
Thu, 09-06-2012 - 11:52pm
hugss wrote:
Very nice :smileyhappy:    thanks .. my first on this project for dishcloth.

 

Avatar for grammyellen
iVillage Member
Registered: 04-04-2007
Fri, 09-07-2012 - 9:58am

i use sugar and cream all the time but have not seen any called scrubby. mom and i will most likely go to hobby lobby before i go home.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-07-2008
Fri, 09-07-2012 - 12:05pm
grammyellen wrote:

i use sugar and cream all the time but have not seen any called scrubby. mom and i will most likely go to hobby lobby before i go home.    Yes I see that name often , just not those scrubby ones.

 

iVillage Member
Registered: 06-27-2011
Fri, 09-07-2012 - 1:26pm

I use that brand also..

That looks more like narrow strips of fabric instead of yarn. is that what it is???

I have a couple of purses  made and put up on etsy. There is over 21,000 listed. I have several afghans made for a new born or premie baby. Only 98 of them are listed for sale on etsy..Think my odds are better to sell afghans than purses..way too much compeition with the purses..LOL

 

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Registered: 06-27-2011
Fri, 09-07-2012 - 1:27pm

Well duh.. on me...I went and reread your post and that is what you said...strips of cloth..LOL

sometimes I'm slow..

Photobucket

Pages