12 Week Ultrasound .

iVillage Member
12 Week Ultrasound .
Thu, 03-27-2014 - 4:24pm

I introduced my self before when the boards were separate ! But it's been a while since then . My namevis Ashley, Im 12 weeks due October 9! DH & I already have 2 daughters together and he has one son outside of us. Im curious to the moms who have baby boys if this looks like a possible boy? During the ultrasound I kept saying "oh it's another girl" and the tech kept saying "no, its to early to tell" ! But once I got the pictures in my hand I noticed there was a little thing starting to poke out in the middle. Im just curious what you other mommies think :)

Community Leader
Thu, 03-27-2014 - 6:20pm

There really is no way to tell for sure at this point -- your 20 week ultrasound will give you a much better view.  Are you hoping for one gender over the other?  I wouldn't be devastated by any means by another boy (I have three) but I would love to have a girl to dress up!

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2014 - 2:50pm

Def too early to tell. I know its hard when you want to see one or the other... But realistically the genitalia would be soo simular looking at this stage...everything is all puffy and undefined. I'd def wait til the 18-20 week mark before you go shopping ;)

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-30-2014 - 1:54pm

Hi! My name is Alicia and come tomorrow, I will be 13 weeks along. I had my 12 week sono done the day before yours and the techs aren't truly supposed to tell you anything, but mine said that she thought that I am going to have a boy because she saw a lil thing poking in and out in between the legs. After I got home, I was online and seen that a lil girl can also appear that way because her gentilia is a swollen piece of tissue that will soon form into her vagina. So it is really too soon to know 100% for sure by sono. But there is a genetics screening test that you can request done called the Harmony Test (a blood test) to check and find out if the baby has the possibility of having birth defects. The nice thing (in my opinion) is that it is done with the baby's DNA which also provides the sex of the fetus. So it takes two weeks to get the results back, but it is very reliable and you will know before the 20 week sono. Hope this helps! I know I can't wait to find out! Wishing you the best!

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-30-2014 - 4:33pm

Thanks everyone. We go for 3D ultrasounds at 16 weeks, which I've done with our other 2 I was just eager to know lol! A friend had an ultrasound at 12 weeks that said boy but then she went a couple weeks later to get 3Ds and discovered she's actually having a girl ! So I guess the key is patience.

With us having two girls already I kind of was hoping for a baby boy ! But the husband says he thinks its a girl !

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-01-2014 - 6:40pm
how exciting! I didn't find out with my first two but can't decide if I will for this one!