38 Week Appointment

iVillage Member
38 Week Appointment
Thu, 04-12-2012 - 4:50pm

I had my 38 week appointment yesterday and it was pretty stressful overall. I had to take DS#2 with me and he needed a nap BADLY. I had to go down to the hospital (attached to the clinics) and preregister/have orientation

JenAaron.jpg picture by jen2075

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-12-2012 - 5:15pm
:( I'm so sorry for the rough appointment. It sounds like little boy was trying to test you all day. I hope you don't have to do an induction and I'm sure the second elevated blood pressure was a result of your son acting up. I hope next week's appointment is better for you.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-12-2012 - 6:06pm
Oh man, sounds awful! I've had to bring my 2 yr old DS to appointments before and gladly they were quick, but if they took a bit longer, man, it was rough. I've started scheduling them for late evenings so that DH can be home with DS because I don't know what I would do with him now that they are doing internal checks. I hope your BP was just elevated because of the stress. If its ok when they check again, I'd be insistent if you don't want an induction. Keep up posted.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-12-2012 - 6:43pm
Hopefully you'll just not have any more issues with your BP, but I will tell you I ended up with severe pre-e with my first and had no sign but the kind of swelling you're talking about. It is good to be cautious because that is no joke. I hate that your appointment was so stressful though. I felt stressed just reading that :-s I've had appointments like that before where you are juggling babies and having a mess. Sending you 'popping' vibes :)

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-12-2012 - 7:41pm
Oh what a nightmare appt. I can't believe they make you sit through that spiel when you have already had babies there. How annoying! I would probably continue monitoring your bp and the swelling at home and if it is much lower then insist at 39 weeks on not being induced. Also maybe try to make it so you can go to the next appt alone so hopefully your bp will be better ((hugs)) Maybe you will have the baby in the next week and it won't be an issue at all anyway

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-14-2012 - 12:18am
I have learned not to take my little ones to the dr. With me. Sometimes there is no choice but my nerves can't handle the tiny room and dirty floors and ugh!!! Totally understand...sorry you had a rough day :(
My bp would have been through the roof too.
(((Hugs)))
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-14-2012 - 2:08pm

I really don't have a choice in the matter. I have to pick him up

JenAaron.jpg picture by jen2075