38 week appointment today

iVillage Member
38 week appointment today
Fri, 04-13-2012 - 6:38pm

And it should be my last appointment before my scheduled c-section....yay! I have a scheduled appointment next week on Tuesday, but my doctor said she didn't see a need for it since my surgery will be that week anyway. She recommended I wait until Monday afternoon and if I am still doing good and don't feel like I have to come in, then call in and cancel it. It was so nice to finally see my regular OB again, it's been about 2 months since I saw her last. I had caught something a few weeks ago that I finally got to ask her about. I signed my tubal paperwork on February 1st. I got a copy of it and she told me to bring it to the hospital just in case they don't have my original so we don't have me in surgery and ready to do it, but can't because my paperwork was misplaced. DH and I were looking at it a few weeks ago and noticed that it didn't say that it was a tubal ligation, but an Essure something something. I looked it up and it wasn't a tubal, this was that they place inserts into your fallopian tubes to block passage of sperm into the tubes. And it's only been in regular practice for about four years. I brought it up at my appointment today and the doctor got really appalled and irritated because that's not what we are doing. She discovered that the forms for surgical release were all mixed up and not separated in the rooms. She was very glad I caught that and felt really bad that she didn't catch it when we did the signing in February. So, I resigned the correct form, have it copied, and they faxed the correct one over to the main hospital.

Other than that, I'm now less than 7 days from meeting our daughter! She will be here in no more than six days and 21 hours. I have to figure out something to do with my family this weekend because it's the last one for us to just be a family of three.

Maybe now it will hit me that I'm almost done.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-14-2012 - 12:25am
You're almost there! Keep us posted!
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-14-2012 - 12:11am
That last week is so long....have some things planned to keep you going.
Make sure you have a nice dinner with hubby too!
Ya for the count down!
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-13-2012 - 9:37pm
Can't wait to see pics and hear how it goes!

Photobucket