First appointment with PCP this Thursday

iVillage Member
First appointment with PCP this Thursday
Mon, 08-15-2011 - 4:46pm

I think it will be for the full exam, blood work, etc. At this appointment, she will refer me to my OB that will see me during the pregnancy.

Wow, guess it's real now.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-16-2011 - 8:56pm
It definitely is. It is strange how it takes so long to really sink in that we are growing a human.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-16-2011 - 9:06pm
Wow, they got you in quickly for that. It takes a while usually for me to get seen. I had to call in today to request that they call me back to schedule my intake : / Hopefully they call me back tomorrow so I can schedule it! :) I am hoping that they refer me to the OBs this go around instead of the midwives. They like to start me off with the midwives and then I inevitably have to be switched to OBs who can deal with the medical side of pregnancy better.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-17-2011 - 12:10pm
I was surprised at how quick I got it, too. This is with my regular doctor and she had them "fast track" me, which was awesome. I had a different doctor with my son and a different insurance, so this will be new. I believe that tomorrow I will be setting up my appointment with the OB I will be seeing. Also talking about what I should avoid, what I should take, and the easy stuff. Not sure about blood work, but I wouldn't be surprised because their lab is right next door to my doctor's office, so it's a quick trip.

I have a friend who had her first son while she and her husband, who is in the Air Force, were stationed overseas in Okinawa. She was miserable dealing with base doctors. I hope you have a better experience. :)
Photobucket