Good appointment overall today

iVillage Member
Good appointment overall today
Thu, 08-18-2011 - 7:06pm

It was more of an information session than anything. I got the positive urine test, so she had me do a blood draw so she could check my hcg numbers. She also recommended some additional supplemental vitamins to my prenatal, which I was taking before anyway. I was surprised, but she went ahead and requested that an ultrasound be performed and had me call and schedule one. She also said to try to get it scheduled closer to when I think I'll be 8 weeks so it will look like a baby. She also gave me the name of an OB she has known for a long time and wanted me to call her next week to make my first appointment.

So, I have an ultrasound scheduled for 8/12 and I should have my first OB appt scheduled sometime in the next few weeks (the one with the exam and the near gallon of blood drawn so they can run all of their tests).

Also, she thought I was going to be 35 when I delivered, so she was going to have me think about getting an amnio done, but when I corrected her and told her that I would still be 34, she said that she won't worry about it. *whew*

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-18-2011 - 9:25pm
Glad it went well. :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-19-2011 - 6:48pm
I just got a call about my blood test results and my doctor said my numbers look "great". I should have been between 200-500 on my HCG and mine came back at 481, so I'm feeling pretty good. Other than the anxiety of waiting all day. :)
Photobucket