Adam Has Arrived!

iVillage Member
Adam Has Arrived!
Tue, 03-13-2012 - 4:59am
Quick stats:

8:01 pm
7 lb 7 oz
20 1/4" long

So Monday morning I went in for my Dr appointment. I was 36 weeks and 6 days. My me confirmed through u/s that Adam was footling breech. She then checks my cervix and I was 4 cm dilated and pretty thinned out. So she calls the hospital so that I could have the version done that day.

They wanted to do it fast because it would be dangerous for me to go into spontaneous labor as the cord could come out first.

I go in and they waited two hours because I had a gush of blood come out on my way to the hospital and wanted to be sure it wasn't from the placenta seperating which would mean I could not have the version.

Sure enough bleeding stopped and so at 2:30 they attempted the version. It was pretty uncomfortable and mildly painful. It was unsuccessful. They said if it was unsuccessful I would have to stay in the hospital until the C Section they would schedule at 39 weeks as I was a walking time bomb.

They changed their mind as they did not want me to go into spontaneous labor even in the hospital. They were going to do it Tuesday (next day). However they decided to do it that night instead at 7:30 as I would have had to wait until late afternoon to deliver Tuesday.

So at 7:30 they brought me back to the OR. I have to say besides a little panic attack in the beginning it went really smoothly and wasn't as bad ad I thought it would be.

My husband watched as they pulled him out feet first. They had to use forceps to get his head out. Everyone was shocked and happy about his weight. He began crying almost immediately which was great. He was breathing on his own just fine. They have done two of the three blood sugar tests on him and he has been passing with flying colors.

He seems to have the hang of breastfeeding however he keeps passing out after five minutes. His stats are all looking great and I am recovering well though I can't seem to sleep. Kind of hard when they have cuffs on my calves that inflate every five minutes.

So far Adam seems like a chill little guy. He looks a lot like his daddy. I can't believe he is actually here. I never thought he would be here this quick!

Karen

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-13-2012 - 5:02am

Karen

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-13-2012 - 5:04am

Karen

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-13-2012 - 8:47am

He's absolutely beautiful ! Congrats. I can't believe you had him already. Very exciting !!

siggy
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-13-2012 - 9:44am
Awww...... :)

Im so excited for you and your family. (And our first baby to the board)

He is just precious. Im glad he is here safe and sound. I think I would have been panicky if they would have made me wait till 39 weeks with a footling. So glad they decided what they did!

Congratulations again mamma....good job......!

Now just rest and heal......;)
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-13-2012 - 9:45am
P.s. got up early here in the westcoast just to see if you had posted......;)
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-13-2012 - 10:01am
Oh Karen!! I'm so happy for you and your family!! What a whirlwind day but I'm so glad everyone is doing so well. What a great weight for his gestational age!! He could have been a 9 pounder if gone to term. Enjoy your babymoon and share some pictures when you're able. Welcome to the world baby Adam!!
sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-13-2012 - 10:02am
oops, I didn't read down before posting. :)

He is so adorable! And look at that little milk mouth already!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!
sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-13-2012 - 10:20am
I'm so glad to hear that all went well and that he arrived hale and hearty. He is a hefty little fellow :) He looks nice and chunky. Congratulations momma! Here's to a quick recovery for you.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-13-2012 - 10:28am
Just looked back at what you guessed babies weight to be........your a good estimate....you guessed within 1 oz. Wow!
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-13-2012 - 10:35am
Congratulations on the birth of your sweet baby boy! Welcome to the world, Adam!

photo snowsiggy.png

Pages