Adriana Sonia! Updated!

iVillage Member
Adriana Sonia! Updated!
Fri, 04-27-2012 - 3:53pm
She's here! She came on 4/25 at 2:54 pm. She weighed 6 lbs 10 oz and was 20 1/2 in long. I'll update with the full story later. Ok. It was such a whirlwind! I woke up Wednesday morning at 7am to Santino whining on the monitor. When I got out of bed, I got a contraction that hurt. Hmm. Went and got Santino and put him in bed with daddy. When I went to the bathroom, I lost my mucous plug. Then while brushing my teeth, I got a couple more contractions that hurt a bit. I told DH that it might be time, but I wasn't sure. I laid in bed with the boys and the contractions were definately painful and 2-3 minutes apart so we decided to call DHs mom to watch SR. I told DH to call the dr while I was in the shower. While I was in the shower, the contractions were bearable, but they hurt. By the time we got in the car to go to the hospital I was in a lot of pain. We got to the hospital about 1 and a half, maybe 2 hours after my first contraction. The nurse checked me and said there was just an anterior lip left and a bulging bag of water!!! I was now feeaking out because I needed an epidural BAD and because I needed to get antibiotics for GBS, but there was no time for either! They rushed me upstairs and the midwife on call checked me and said that we should start pushing and the remaining lip of cervix should go away. She broke my water, which had meconium, and 2 pushes later, my dr came in and took over. She said there was some bleeding and wanted to see where from. It was from the lip of cervix. She told me to stop pushing. Said there's no rush. She said I could tear my cervix if I pushed. She said I could get an epidural and they could start antibiotics, and that the baby was posterior, so if we could get her to turn, the lip should go away. I got the epidural, though the dr wouldn't let me go fully numb because she knew i would be pushing soon. They laid me on my left side and she turned almost right away. Dr checked me and said the lip was gone! She said the baby was still kinda high, so she said to sit up, let gravity and contractions do their thing for an hour. An hour later, we started to push. During pushing, my blood pressure was going high, so they had to put me on magnesium. After an hour and a half of pushing, we were getting nowhere. The baby's heart rate suddenly jumped up and stayed up. Off to a c section we went! Here's the most insane part. When the dr took her out, she had the cord wrapped around her neck 4 times and once more around her chest!! The doctor said that we are lucky to have her. She has since told us that when the cord is wrapped that many times, the baby is usually not born alive. She recovered very quickly, started crying and turned pink. She has absolutely no I'll effects from the GBS, meconium, or the cord. She didn't even have to go to a special care nursery. I have absolutely no regrets. I am so grateful to God and my dr for saving my baby's life. I am in no way disappointed that I ended up in a c section because I have no question in my mind that it was the right choice. My recovery so far has been rough. They have me in a high risk unit because of the magnesium I'm on. It is making me sick and groggy. But they just stopped it today and I'm hoping to feel human soon. Adriana is so far nursing well, which is insanely important to me, so please pray for that. I'll post pics on my page as I take them.

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-27-2012 - 3:55pm
Congratulations! !!!!! :)

Can't wait to hear.
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-27-2012 - 3:57pm
Ohhh...did u get your vbac?
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-27-2012 - 4:21pm

Congratulations!!!

JenAaron.jpg picture by jen2075

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-27-2012 - 4:36pm

Oh yay! I am so excited for you. Congrats! Not a huge surprise after your last appt!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-27-2012 - 4:59pm
Congratulations!

Karen

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-27-2012 - 6:19pm
Congratulations! Can't wait to hear that story :)

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-27-2012 - 6:28pm
Yay!! Congrats!! Can't wait to hear the details.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-27-2012 - 11:23pm
I hope you can get of the Mag. soon. That does make things rough for a bit. The good news is that the effects from it wear off really quickly once you're done with it. Thank goodness that you ended up with that c-section. What an insane turn of events though, wow! I thought for sure as I was reading that you were going to say she popped out right after you got to the hospital. Whew. Good thing.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-28-2012 - 12:26am
Wow, that is quite the story! Thank goodness you got the csection and she was all right. Having the dr tell you she was lucky to be born alive- wow! Makes you realize how lucky we all are to be pregnant and have healthy babies and how we should never take that for granted. Would love to see a pic.
http://lilypie.com/">Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-28-2012 - 12:40am
Wow, congratulations! Glad she has no problems from everything she went through!

Pages