brielle is here!!!- UPDATED WITH STORY AND PICS!

iVillage Member
brielle is here!!!- UPDATED WITH STORY AND PICS!
Sat, 03-24-2012 - 7:47am
After a 31 hour induction! Mommy and baby are good! Will post the birth story when we get home ****************** OMG! What an adventure!! I got called in at 9pm on thursday night to come in for my induction, and thats when it hit me, I was terrified. I got there, they did a NST test and started me on cervadil (sp?) around 11pm. When I got there my dr checked me and i was 1cm. By 1am I was at 3 cm! yay!. The contractions started around midnight and were 2 minutes apart. I was sure this was gon to be a quick one.... boy was I wrong. They checked me again at 5am since I was having pretty strong contractions, I was still at 3cm. ok that sucks. 9ish am comes along... I'm still 3cm, and in terrible pain. I start bawling. lol.After my little breakdown, I start being focused again. The dr tells me she would come back at 11am, check me, and if I'm still around the same, she'll break my water or give me another cervadil. 11am comes along and no dr., she had to go to a csection, so they told me noon, yeah, right. She ended up coming at 3pm!!! At this point, the pain is brutal. She tells me I'm at 3cm. ARE YOU F-ING KIDDING ME! I start bawling again lol. She broke my water, and told me things would speed up. They didnt. By 11pm on friday I was 3.5cm. 24 hours of labor, and I went up 2.5cm. I was exhausted, I had been awake since 7am thursday morning, it was now Saturday. So... I start bawling lol.I finally caved and got the epidural, and slept till about 1am. The epidural stopped working and I got woken up. The pressure I was feeling was insane. At 3am they checked me and I was 4cm. SERIOUSLY?????? I unded up at 6cm and -2 station an hour later, and an hour after that I was 10cm +3. I started pushing at 5:49am Sarturday and she was born at 5:53am. 31 hours of labor, 4 minutes of pushing, and I didnt rip. Brielle was born at 37 weeks 5 days, weighing in at 6lbs 8oz and 20.8 inches. Not as small as they told me it would be! She cried when she came out and I got to have her on on my tummy, DH got to cut the cord. They took her away after that and noticed that she was having trouble breathing, so they took her to the nicu. They said she came out too fast and had too much mucus in her. She got out of the nicu a few hour later. We were alowed to go visit her, and I was able to go in there and breastfeed. Anyways! we're home now, and everyone is doing great. Here are a couple of pictures of my girl! Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 8:35am
Congratulations on the birth of your sweet baby girl! Welcome to the world, Brielle.

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 1:17pm
Congratulations! Can't wait to hear birth story and see pics!

Sarah

Lily Jane 4/6/05

Stella Mae 11/29/06

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 3:49pm
Awww she is a beauty! Congrats!

I hate cervadil! They tried to induce me with it 4 separate times during my last pregnancy and all it did was cause tons of crazy contractions that did barely anything to my cervix. I am glad the epidural relaxed you and you progressed quickly after that. Whenever I get pitocin I need an epidural in order to progress because I can't seem to relax otherwise and then I make no progress.

Thanks for sharing the birth story and I hope you are enjoying your sweet little angel!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 4:09pm

31 hours...wow! Love the pictures!! Especially the one of Layla holding her...what a proud big sister!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 6:27pm

Man Your induction sounds like my last one!! You poor thing :( BUT WHAT A BEAUTIFUL Baby!!!!!! Congrats to you! I so can not wait to have mine lil princess!

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 7:44pm
Oh she's a doll....so is your other little girl. :) I love how snuggled she looks to go home!
How are you doing now?
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 9:11pm
I"m feeling alright now.. I'm extremely swollen, it hurts to walk or even flex my feet or hands. I love having my 2 little girls at home, its almot hard to believe our family is complete!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-27-2012 - 12:18am
Congrats! I love the pic with both girls!
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-27-2012 - 2:20pm
Sorry it was so long and rough on you! Darling pictures!!! Congrats again

Sarah

Lily Jane 4/6/05

Stella Mae 11/29/06

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-27-2012 - 2:41pm

Congratulations! Your girls are both so adorable! Julie