Adam's Baby Pictures Share Site

iVillage Member
Adam's Baby Pictures Share Site
Thu, 03-15-2012 - 6:21pm

Adam and I arrived home four hours ago and it feels so good to be in my own bed. My dh st up the bedroom for me before I came home. He moved the t.v. up here, my laptop, and bought me a bed tray so I can eat in bed and play around on my laptop. He even set my favorite pajamas out for me. He then took my youngest with him to the store and to get me some lunch so Adam and I could have some quiet time to ourselves. It was nice. I breastfed him (which this time around it seems I have the hardest time staying awake while breastfeeding, something I didn't experience with my other) and we took a nice nap together.

Anyhow, we had our pictures taken at the hospital by a photographer and they gave me a link to show all of our friends and family the pictures. We are getting copies of all and will have an 8x10 of me and Adam, Daddy and Adam, and the three of us together. We are going to frame them and place them up on our bedroom wall above his playpen/bassinet. Here is the link:

http://www.our365.com/NewbornPortraits/BabyDetail.aspx?birthid=0aa05d3d-8417-4af5-8e3b-29d7e0a54321&utm_source=wnshare&utm_medium=email&utm_content=wnshare_mom_babylink&utm_campaign=wnshare_mom

I am so glad to be home but really enjoyed my stay at the hospital this time around. All of the nurses were super nice and provided great care. They were really great with the kids when they were there as well. They all signed a card of congratulations for us which will be a great keepsake for Adam's baby album.

I am doing alright. I am currently on two Vicodin every six hours along with three ibuprofen for the pain. Even with the medicine I get this burning pain on the right side of my incision which I hear is pretty normal. As the incision looks good there is no sign of infection so I am sure it is just something I am going to have to deal with. I hear it gets better after a week, give or take, depending on each woman. I also have lots of gas pains and have been passing gas like crazy. TMI, sorry. My lower back is also in pain and swollen from the spinal but the medicine seems to help with that a lot.

Adam passed all tests with flying colors and is nursing like a pro already. My milk has come in big time but haven't gotten to the point of being painful just yet. Our insurance company gave us a double electric breast pump to use for the first two months since he was considered pre-term which I think is great. I know he has three sisters who look forward to helping feed him.

Anyways I wanted to say thank you to all of you ladies for your words of congrats on my birth announcement posts. I look forward to seeing more birth announcements and healthy babies in the near future!

Karen

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-15-2012 - 6:44pm
Those turned out fantastic! It sounds like you are settling in well at home finally. I remember with my c-section, I had pains on the right side of my incision, but I ended up getting used to it after a while. I think it lasted a few months while it fully healed. Congratulations, you've got a heartbreaker on your hands. :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-15-2012 - 9:38pm

Congrats!! The pictures came out great! Glad hubby is being so supportive!!! Your son is adorable!!!

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-15-2012 - 9:48pm
I remember getting a pain and a pulling on my side too. Don't remember which side.
But I do remember it was uncomfortable for awhile.
Your husband sounds like an absolute gem!!!! That's just awesome.
Glad nursing is going good....my babies can be real lazy nursing....usually have to open their jammies and rub their feet to keep them awake.
Love your updates! ;)
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-16-2012 - 12:20am
He's beautiful! wonderful pics!