After Baby Wardrobe?

iVillage Member
After Baby Wardrobe?
Sat, 03-03-2012 - 12:20am

What clothes are you going to pack to wear when you get discharged from the hospital? What do you wear until you get back to your original size? I have my hospital bag all packed and am thinking that I will pack my sweatsuit to wear home from the hospital. I can't really remember what I wore after the birth of my girls. I think I may have worn maternity pants but can't remember. What do you wear? Do you have pants in a slightly larger size than your usual? Do you still wear your maternity clothes? Do you hang out in sweats or yoga pants?

Karen

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-03-2012 - 2:30am
I usually wear maternity or sweats for awhile.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-03-2012 - 3:35am

Since I lost weight during this pregnancy and still havent bought a single item of maternity clothes, I am just hoping that I can wear one of the sweat pants I have with it falling off.

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-03-2012 - 8:12am
i'll be wearing sweats or yoga pants, both are packed in my bag,
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-03-2012 - 12:22pm

With my girls I didnt get that big so I was in my normal size clothes when I went to the hospital n when I left the hospital....with this one I am in a slightly higher size n will probably wear yoga pants to the hospital n depending on how I feel I will probably be leaving the hospital in yoga pants to

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-03-2012 - 12:59pm

It's usually months before I can wear anything other than maternity pants, I'm ashamed to say. My tummy just does not suck itself back in for a long time. I've got a lot of extra skin there from pregnancy and I just cannot get regular pants to button around it in addition to my wide-set hips. I'll probably wear some of my maternity yoga pants that I love home. Maybe some of my maternity jeans depending on if there is anyone staying at our house when we go home.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-03-2012 - 1:01pm
I'm the same way Julianne. It doesn't matter how much or how little weight I gain it still takes my body quite awhile to bounce back. I always look pregnant for several weeks afterwards. Last time I wore Spanx a bit and that did help my tummy get smaller a bit faster.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-03-2012 - 1:03pm
I bought a cheap tummy wrap from Babies R Us last time and it did help it go in a bit more quickly, but it looked horrendous when I was wearing it. I think maybe I need to invest in spanx this go around.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-03-2012 - 1:55pm
I love Spanx for the first 6 months or so after having the baby. Every time I wear anything fitted I put them on since it can take some time for those tummy muscles to be firm again. I hate feeling like my shirt is clinging to my saggy belly. It makes me so self-conscious. They have some tank top Spanx now and they are nice. They even have one with a cut out for boobs that is great while nursing.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-03-2012 - 3:09pm

I'm bringing yoga pants to put on after the birth (I HATE to be stuck in a nasty hospital gown, also don't like wearing night gowns) And I am also bringing Yoga pants to wear home.

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-03-2012 - 3:22pm

I can still button my

Pages