For all you working moms, how long will you take off with baby?

iVillage Member
For all you working moms, how long will you take off with baby?
Sat, 11-05-2011 - 12:10am

Was curious, for all you working moms,

http://lilypie.com/">Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
I will take the Monday before my delivery date to start maternity leave. Right now, I have a tentative c/s scheduled for April 19th, but that is based on my LMP due date, which is a bit later than I think I am due. My supervisor at work already brought up the idea of me working from home full time as soon as I can after my "basic leave", which here is 12 weeks for c/s patients. I would like to be home for a solid six months, so I think I'll be not working for 3 months, then three months working from home with occasional jaunts into the office (with baby in tow...they'll expect it). I haven't set specifically what I will do, but when I was talking to my supervisor a month or so ago about this, he brought up that it will be tough to cover my region of projects while I'm off work, so if I would be willing to work from home, they will get me an account to access my files from home and let me work from home full time. I'll do more specific planning of this probably in January. After the six months, I'll have LO in some kind of preschool daycare and I will work in the office until about 2:00, then two hours each night from home. I hope my office is willing to work with this, but I don't think that will be too much to ask.
Photobucket
iVillage Member

My situation is that I am a home daycare provider. I only have two clients and one of my previous clients who is too old for care who comes by several times a week before/after school because she enjoys spending time here which makes me happy. These kids are like my own in a way and I care for all of them.

I am going to be asking for two weeks off. I plan on asking for an induction the week of Spring break hoping to be induced on the Saturday or Sunday before. I have different insurance this time around and are not familiar with their policy on this. Anyhow I'd like my time off to start on Spring Break. I think this works great as my children will already have school off for the week and won't have to miss any school days while still being able to be at home with the new baby.

My mom will also be here that first week and it would be a great time for her to spend with all of the kids. Being that I work from home I obviously will be with my LO every day however the time off means I won't have to get in the car every morning and every afternoon to pick up one of my clients from school. It will also give my family the time to spend alone with the baby before she is introduced to everyone else.

Karen

iVillage Member

I think I be home 8 or 12 month it depends on

iVillage Member

I usually work up until the day I give birth, after that I will be taking the 12 weeks allowable by FMLA. I am trying to save up my sick vacation time, so that I will still be receiving a

JenAaron.jpg picture by jen2075

iVillage Member

I'm a nurse and will be having a c-section.

iVillage Member
I will work as long as my doctor allows. Hopefully up to the day I deliver. My plan is to take 12 weeks FML and then I will be off for summer vacation and go back at the very end of August. 5 months total. I might have to go back a few weeks at the end of my 12 weeks before summer break though if I deliver early....which is a high possibility due to high BP. My last two were delivered at 37 weeks.
Photobucket
iVillage Member

I am hoping to take 3 months off, but I'm not sure how it will work out.

iVillage Member
I work up to when I give birth. Then, as an in-home daycare provider, I take 1 month maternity leave and then am back at it. Woo-hoo! With #1 I worked in an office (quit my job to do daycare after my first was born) and I took the entire 3 months allowed for maternity leave....HIGHLY recommended if possible. So worth the time with my boy.
        Check out my website: