Am I being petty?

iVillage Member
Am I being petty?
Fri, 03-02-2012 - 5:08pm

A friend of mine offered to throw me a baby shower. It is very kind that she is doing this. I wasn't planning on doing one since this is my second, but it will still be special to celebrate.

Unfortunately, our taste is very different. I'm feeling a bit uneasy because I am pretty particular (a la Monica from Friends.) I know that it isn't something I can or should try to control, but I wonder if I should say something about one or two things I feel strongly about. Mainly, I don't like baby blue as a color and there are certain foods I can't stand to be around.

I wish she would ask me if I have any preferences, but this hasn't happened at all. Should I say something myself or is that just being petty and ungrateful? I realize that any celebration for this baby is a bonus and so I am wondering if I should just keep my mouth shut and enjoy it without trying to intervene.

What do you think?

Pregnancy Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-02-2012 - 6:25pm
i would say something, not in a rude way, but point it out, at least about the color. If you dont like blue then it would suck to get a bunch of blue stuff. As for the food I would probably let it go, its not a big deal.. and theres bound to be something you like lol I know at my last shower i didnt even have time to eat., i snacked on a few things, but I was literally opening gifts for 3 hours straight.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-02-2012 - 6:34pm
I think..(in my ever so humble opinion ;)) that if you weren't going to be getting a shower in the first place. Then this is all an added bonus. And take it as just that. A big bonus.
I would love a shower but I had my first 20 years ago.... if I got one I would be so excited with just the attention. People do give me gifts each time .....;) which is so fun.
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-02-2012 - 6:36pm
I probably wouldn't say anything. I don't know how sensitive your friend is but it may end up offending her when she feels like she is trying to do something nice for you.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-02-2012 - 9:42pm
As for the food, i'd maybe mention to her that a few certain foods make you throw up still. lol then she'd hopefully get the hint and not serve them?
pregnancy calendar