Any Valentines day plans??

iVillage Member
Any Valentines day plans??
Mon, 02-13-2012 - 4:41pm
Just wondering if you have any big valentines day plans for tomorrow?
I picked up each of my kiddos a small box of choch. And I will head to the dollar store for a heart balloon for each one.

I got my dh a card and a bag of his favorite cadburry eggs (they were in the easter section).lol

I will make a cake and something nice for dinner. I like to do something like red jello and maybe add food color to mashed potatoes.

I don't make a big deal out of the day. Or spend alot of $. Guess I don't really see the point.

But what about you? Any good ideas to share?
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-13-2012 - 4:53pm
DH is in class tomorrow night for his grad program, so we won't be going out. We do plan to go out to dinner on Wednesday night, though, because it will be less crowded. I bought him some of his favorite dark chocolate candies and bought DS a heart with M&M candies. Almost got cards, but chose not to. Lots of hugs for tomorrow and I might take DS out for dinner since it will be just the two of us. We'll see how it goes.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-13-2012 - 7:07pm

I think we might go see a movie sometime this week . My mil gave us tickets to go :smileyhappy: . DH dose not like crowds at all

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-13-2012 - 8:40pm
We'll be doing a fondue or a raclette ( DH is Swiss so he really likes that stuff) It'll be a nice quiet evening for us. DH will be getting flowers for me and DD. DH usually get a nice candle light bubble bath ready for me once DD is sleeping, and we'll probably watch a movie after.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-14-2012 - 3:26am

We dont celebrate it, but we are going into the the town with the hopsital today to see the boys mother.

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-14-2012 - 2:01pm

Home!

Well the boys wasn't happy to leave their mum but she gave them things to do at home before she comes home and they were eager to make it easier for when it comes home, so

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-14-2012 - 5:09pm
We are making homemade heart shaped mini-pizzas for dinner that the kids can put their own toppings on. We will dress in pink or red and then have dinner by candlelight with a Valentine's dessert for after dinner. We don't exchange gifts or anything like that. We just have a fun dinner party with the kids.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-14-2012 - 7:36pm
Love the heart shaped pizza idea. I so would have done that! I made a strawberry yogurt cake im dying to taste. :)
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-14-2012 - 9:50pm
My DS and I feasted on Subway sandwiches tonight. That was the extent of it for us. :) DH is in class tonight and won't be home for a few more hours. :)
Photobucket