anyone co-sleeping

iVillage Member
anyone co-sleeping
Mon, 04-23-2012 - 3:43pm
Im a big co sleeper.
Love to snuggle with my lo
My dh has no problem with it.
I bf all through the night.
My bed is up against the wall now and i just make a little bed for baby in the corner of our bed.

Some do not feel it is safe..... I know....but it is what works for me. ;)

Just wondering how many other cosleepers we have?
Or where does your lo sleep?

How much sleep are you getting in a night.? (I really don't have a clue but I think we wake up about 3 times) I just keep baby plugged in. (One positive with having big boobies...it easy to nurse laying down)

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-25-2012 - 4:07pm
Delaney sleeps right beside me. Both of my boys slept in our bed, and got the boot when the next baby came along! I've never been afraid of squishing any of them-I think you get a built in sensor for things like that once the baby comes!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-25-2012 - 1:20pm
Yup - co sleeper here too! We have the Arms Reach mini co sleeper attached to the bed but I have found with all 3 of my girls they sleep better in the bed with us for the first few months. We only have a queen sized bed but it still works. DH and I are not active sleepers and I totally agree with the others that you sleep way differently in the bed with a newborn. We transition to the co sleeper around 3-4 months and then usually to a crib around 10-12 months.

Sarah

Lily Jane 4/6/05

Stella Mae 11/29/06

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-25-2012 - 12:06am
So nice to hear others are like me.....:)

My babies usually stay in bed till next child has come along.

:)
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-24-2012 - 10:02pm
we co sleep. so much easier for nursing and after a month or so baby doesnt usually even wake me up to nusre, they just pull my top down.

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-24-2012 - 7:59pm

We currently Co-sleep. When I was in the hospital Kyle would fall asleep in my arms and as soon as I out him down he would wake up, and when we came home it was the same story. Having him in bed with us is the only way I can get some sleep. We have a king size bed so there's plenty of room. I agree that you sleep a whole different way with a baby. Your more aware and I sleep lighter. Everyone has their opinions on how I'm making it harder for myself in the long run, but I'm not too interested in anyone else's opinions!! Nice to know I'm not alone!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-24-2012 - 6:45am
We're cosleeping. I do have a bassinet next to the bed but I like having baby right next to me. I don't really move when I sleep anymore after getting used to waking up to change positions all night when I was pregnant. Also I don't sleep that much anymore! It's starting to catch up with me, but I slept a total of about 4 hours today and that's the most sleep I've gotten in the last week. It would be worse if the baby wasn't with me since then I think I would just get up to check on him all the time.
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-24-2012 - 1:52am

Co-sleeper here! I love co-sleeping. LO sleeps so well because of it. He wakes up only once, maybe twice, in a night. As long as he feels the warmth of mommy he sleeps really well. When he wakes we feed laying down and he usually goes back to sleep in five or ten mins. Makes life so much easier. And because I am not getting up out of the bed I can go back to sleep much easier.

We did get him a co-sleeper but he doesn't want to sleep in it. During the day he naps in his bouncer or his boppy pillow sitting beside mommy.

Our youngest dd wouldn't sleep in her crib and so we were more forced into co-sleeping with her. She stayed in our bed all the way up until Adam was born. Then we transitioned her to a mattress on our room floor. Now she sleeps in her big sister's room or her room that she shares with her other big sister. She's starting to get more used to it.

That's the one downside is that it can be hard to get them to go sleep in their own bed when they get older. But honestly if we didn't have Adam our youngest dd would probably of slept in our bed a little longer. We have a king size so there is plenty of room for her to be in the bed with us and I love waking up in the morning and seeing Adam's handsome little face laying next to me.

I am a pretty light sleeper and am well aware of where Adam is. After having co slept with our youngest dd we have gotten used to the thought of having someone else in the bed with us.

Karen

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-23-2012 - 7:37pm
Lol .....I've been woken up before with one of my other babies finding my nipple and reattaching.
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-23-2012 - 7:37pm

Co-sleeper here! We have a ca;California king sized bed.. Its up against a wall.. She's between me & a wall. DH is on the outer edge. My mom is worried sick that we will roll on her, and smother her. You sleep a whole different way when you have a baby in the bed, or at least I do.

We are working on the laying down to nurse, but usually I have to sit up initially. She nurses best in the football position so I always start there. After the 1st burp, I will cradle hold her and sometimes I can lay down that way, with her attached.

As for sleeping.. What's that??? Tobi thinks sleeping when it's dark out is for the birds!

I co-slept with my 6 year old, til she was nearly 5! She never slept in a crib. My 10 & 9 year olds slept in a crib. They were formula fed. 6 y/o was BF.

I agree, it's not for everyone, but for those who it works well for, that's awesome!!

Brandie Lilypie - Personal picture
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-23-2012 - 7:33pm
Julianne, Practice with baby and you will get it. Start by propping yourself up on your side. Get the baby to latch first and then slowly let yourself down into a lying position. I find that with a newborn you cannot just lie down and latch them that way as easily. Although with my daughter at a certain point I'd just wake up and she'd already be nursing.
http://lilypie.com/">Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Pages