Anyone expect presents for Baby at x-mas?

iVillage Member
Anyone expect presents for Baby at x-mas?
Wed, 12-07-2011 - 1:53pm

I've always been surprised at how varied the answers to this question can be, so I thought I'd ask from our group. Do you think anyone will be buying gifts for you that are technically for the baby this holiday season? How do you feel about that? I've known some people to feel quite preturbed by being given baby gifts on holidays or birthdays, and I've known others to be quite pleased. What is your opinion?

Me personally, I don't mind either way :) I have nothing that I want for when it comes to myself, and usually when I am out at the stores all I can think about is if my kids would like such and such anyway. I find it hard to shop for myself (always have) and take joy in the happiness of my children. Even though baby wouldn't know she was receiving anything, I'd be pleased at the thought behind it if anyone gave me baby clothes or something this Christmas instead of a gift specifically for me.

Photobucket<

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-07-2011 - 2:03pm
I'm the same. If someone wants to buy something for the baby, I'm totally okay with it. And, we'll find out gender six days before Christmas, so it really wouldn't surprise me. If not, I'm not going to be too upset about it. My mom has told me that we don't need to stress about getting what we need for the baby: we will be taken care of. So, since gender will be just before the holiday, I wouldn't be surprised.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-07-2011 - 2:13pm
That's such a nice thing to have your mom say. This will be a fun holiday for you all, finding out the gender right beforehand.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-07-2011 - 2:30pm

Well

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-07-2011 - 2:38pm

If someone did get a gift for the baby I wouldn't mind. But I'm definitely not expecting any because with DD our families and friends didn't get things for her until it was closer to my due date and/or after she was born.

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-07-2011 - 3:54pm
People don't even buy us gifts anymore when the baby is actually born so I don't expect anything at all LOL.

Actually my mom said she would buy the baby a crib mattress for Christmas but we won't be getting it until January when she comes to visit :)

I don't really mind either way. We aren't getting the baby anything yet.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-07-2011 - 4:08pm

Not really. I am almost all registered, and I'm sure some of my family will get some stuff for the baby, but if not, that's ok too. My grandparents are always buying stuff for the kids, so who knows.

Brandie Lilypie - Personal picture
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-07-2011 - 5:05pm
@chriscanuck....lol.....I hear you. We have a huge family and I don't expect anything.

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-07-2011 - 7:03pm
Probably not. I did buy for my sister in law last year because I found a super cute outfit and I knew she was having a girl but I would never expect anyone to buy for me while I'm pregnant.