Anyone have baby wearing suggestions?

iVillage Member
Anyone have baby wearing suggestions?
Sat, 02-11-2012 - 7:32pm

I'm curious if anyone has any baby wearing options that they feel strongly about? I'd love to have a carrier I liked with this being number 3. I have an Ergo, have also had a cheap little evenflo carrier, and a Moby. The Evenflo and Ergo were hard to get on with a newborn/infant. Also, they were awfully hot here in the southern summer and the Ergo cut off the circulation in my son's legs when he was too big for the infant insert anymore. With the Moby my real issue was the way the material relaxed after a while of wearing it. It started to feel loose and unsecure. My over all issue is also that I have a small(er) waist compared to my wide hips. Most things want to ride up. I also have a big chest. I'm not sure what to do, but I do need an option.

Photobucket<

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-11-2012 - 7:42pm
I loved my baby bjorn, I used it all the time. I think it works really well for those bigger tatas lol
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-11-2012 - 7:43pm
Was it easy to get on with a new baby?

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-11-2012 - 8:04pm
ya, once you learn how to use it its super simple
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-11-2012 - 8:57pm
A friend lent me a baby carrier called a Baby Trekker and it was one of the easier ones to get the baby into and it was quite comfortable. It is a little ugly and I could see it being a bit warm though.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-11-2012 - 10:05pm
Have you checked in on the baby wearing board? http://forums.ivillage.com/t5/Attachment-Parenting-Babywearing/ct-p/iv-ppattachment

I love the Moby - you really have to start with it quite tight so it doesn't slip and loosen so much. Youtube has some great video tutorials. Others like a Mai Tai but not sure if you can use those with a newborn. There are SO MANY kinds out there - I'm sure there is some great info on the other board - check it out.
sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-12-2012 - 4:32am

Here in my area they invite newborns mothers in for a testing of different carries for the baby because it is so individual which fits which baby.

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-12-2012 - 12:46pm
We have a store here where they do baby wearing classes and go over the options. I should probably do that at some point after baby gets here, I just know how long it usually is before I feel like trying to go somewhere to an actual meeting after I have a baby. It takes me a solid 2 months to get myself normal.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-12-2012 - 12:48pm
I would try and go BEFORE the baby is born.
sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-12-2012 - 12:51pm
The only reason I hadn't thought to go before was because of sizing issues. I don't know if I'll be able to tell well if something fits. I'm sort of ashamed to admit that because of the weight gain I usually have with pregnancy, I've had problems with that in the past. My Ergo didn't fit for a while after DS2 was born because I'd gotten so much extra padding
*-_-*

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-12-2012 - 1:23pm
But even without sizing and trying for yourself, you can get so much more information, narrow down to the ones you like and that suit you best. I would think that one of the wraps instead of a carrier would be best in the first several weeks because they can fit any size and probably are the most adaptable. Mant have less fabric than the Moby too.
sig2-sm

Pages