Baby gear

iVillage Member
Baby gear
Wed, 10-19-2011 - 6:32pm

Since a lot of us are BTDT moms I was wondering what baby gear you need for this baby?

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: chriscanuck
Wed, 10-19-2011 - 6:50pm
The only gear I need is a new travel system. The one we had with DD is still good, but I want one for my car and one for DH's truck. Luckly I'm still totally in love with the gear I got for DD, its all a matching set ( playpen, highchair, swing, travel system, toddler car seat) and its brown plaid, so it works for either sex. I'll also need a new breastpump. Other than that... nothing i can think of.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-19-2011 - 6:54pm
Unfortunately, we thought we were done after just my DS, so all we have is his crib and mattress, which has been used for my niece and nephews since my son was a baby 8 years ago. Other than that, we really have nothing. However, my sister has a lot of stuff from her son and daughter in storage that she is sending to me so I can use it. I love the ability to use hand-me-downs, to be honest. My son was the first among my siblings and me, so everything we had, clothing included, was passed to my brother and then my sister, so everything has been able to be used. Now that I'm pregnant and my siblings are done, they are returning the favor and I appreciate any help I can get to defray the costs of what we need.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-19-2011 - 7:06pm
We have everything we need...at least I think so. We recently took advantage of the BRU Great Trade-In Event and traded in DD's travel system along with another convertible car seat. We bought a double stroller and the infant seat to go with it. We also bought another convertible car seat that this little one can grow into once they've outgrown the infant seat. The only other thing we might need is another crib. I don't know if DD will be ready to transition into a toddler or twin bed by the time this one comes (she'll be 19 months). If we do buy another crib, we're going to get a convertible crib and let DD have it.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-19-2011 - 7:22pm

This is my 4th baby - my youngest is 5.5y and we have NOHTHING leftover from her! Most of what we had had been handed down from family and from my older daughter (and some stuff from my son as well). Everyone I know is eager to find out what we are having, hopefully will find out next month! And people have asked if we are going to register or not.. I probably will, going to let the other kids help in registering for stuff.

Brandie Lilypie - Personal picture
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-19-2011 - 8:21pm
This is my 5th, and will be born just 16 months after the 4th. So we essentially have all the gear we need. We bought everything in neutral and was new last year since we thought we were done at 3. :) If we have a girl, we'll need girl clothes. We have a ton of boy things [3 boys in a row] and plenty of neutral newborn things.By next summer we may get a sit and stand or double stroller of some type for when I need to push them both on my own but I usually have at least one older kiddo with me so I don't know if that will be needed as much. Oh, I guess we need to get a new swing too - we gave our other hand-me-down to friends but it went through the batteries so fast - we want one that plugs in this time around.
sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-19-2011 - 9:09pm
Oopps...I forgot about clothes!! If we have a boy we're definitely going to need them. If we have a girl, we're pretty much all set.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-20-2011 - 12:21am

I don't think we need any more gear, but we will need boy clothes! Hopefully I can get my siblings to hand over their old stuff, but it's all been through a few kiddos, so I don't know how much life any of the clothes have left in them. We shall see.

Shelly with DH, DD, and expecting #2 pregnancy calendar
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-20-2011 - 1:18am
We never had a bouncer or swing with DD, so we probably need one or the other. Do people recommend one over the other?

I'd also love to get a co-sleeper, but its the sort of thing I hope I could borrow from someone.

And a double stroller, but I don't know what wouldn't be too heavy or bulky.

Plus, lots of boy clothes!
 Pregnancy Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-20-2011 - 4:09am
I have nothing......my DD is 9 & I thought I was done. I need everything:(
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-20-2011 - 7:39am

My kids are older so I don't have much of anything left but I am going way

Photobucket

Pages