Baby Showers?

iVillage Member
Baby Showers?
Tue, 02-07-2012 - 8:53am

We're all in or nearing our 3rd trimesters and it's the typical time to start planning showers and having them. I know many of us are not having our first and sometimes showers aren't done for babies that aren't the first. But who is planning ahead and getting ready for showers. Are you registering? What are your big plans?

sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-07-2012 - 10:47am
I had a shower for 1 and 2, only for #2 because it hadbeen 5 years in between, none for last time or this time, there is nothing I need. My mom already bought me some gear, friends have given some outfits, etc I basically just need diapers and some of my friends have given me some. I'm too picky anyways to have a shower, I like picking out the clothes myself for baby lol

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-07-2012 - 11:48am
The unit I work with is throwing me a small shower at work at the end of the month because they're mostly female and look for any excuse to have a party. :) My mother is doing a meet and greet style "shower" about a month after the baby shows up. I think that will be it. The only reason I'm okay with showers is that it has been 9 years since my son was born and this time, not only has it been a long time, but we're having a girl, so we are in need. But, surprisingly, the only need we have is a car seat because the crib we had for DS was used by my sibling's kids while they were babysat by our grandmother. This past weekend, I went to visit my sister and she is loaning me her breastpump (minus the parts that need to be replaced, of course) and I got a huge storage container of clothes. I started washing them last night.....three full loads of clothes! I started the hand-me-down chain when DS outgrew his clothes and stuff and passed them on to my brother and his wife for their two boys. I love having the ability to share clothes because it costs so much less than if we had to buy everything. I did register, but on there are mostly things I need plus some bedding because my parents have bought all of their grandkids bedding, so we found a set and registered for it so we could remember what we picked.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-07-2012 - 12:04pm

I had one for my first. And I am having one for this one. I REALLY didn't want to seeing how it is my fourth. But my Mom and friends insisted since this is my first girl. So really I agreed simply to make them happy. I never did like a shower or party of any kind in my "honor" Just makes me feel uncomfortable.

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-07-2012 - 1:00pm
Usually I would have a shower or party or what have you to celebrate regardless of baby #. However, this go around there isn't anyone here to invite! DH is gone, I don't really have friends to invite, and much of my family lives out of state now. No party this time!

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-07-2012 - 2:29pm
I don't think I will be having a shower but I'm not sure. My best friend is one of those people that thinks every baby needs to have a party so I supposed it is an option. I have never had a shower before the baby is born... the showers around here are usually more of a meet the baby party done when the baby is around 1 month old.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-07-2012 - 2:37pm
Ive never had one because my family so big we tend to over buy, then overload the pregnant family member with to much stuffs.. then stuff with tags still on it gets passed around.. my aunt has went and collected 2 bins of little girl clothes, socks, and shoes that still have there tags on them! Not to mention a pac n play, bumbo with tray, and a swing.. which the swing i bought for another cousin and now its making it back to me.. lol oh, and im waiting on the bin.. there is even a pair of cashmere baby boots for size 3 months!! They r furry and adorable! So we never have a need for baby showers.. and i have already been giving gobs of glass bottles.. its almost a shame im breast feeding!
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-07-2012 - 3:03pm

We will have ours in summer, when I dont know. The tradtion here is doing it after the baby is born and

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-07-2012 - 7:33pm

This is my first baby & everyone is excited and ready to help me get ready for my lo ...

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-07-2012 - 8:13pm
I dont think I'll be having one. We still have everything for DD and really dont need anything. My family tends to just buy us random gifts anyways lol. I think we will be having a little get together after the baby is born tho. The only problem is that we have a large family, and a "little" party always ends up with a min. of 70 family memebers lol
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-09-2012 - 1:10am
This is my first child and EVERYONE is excited. My friends where I live now are planning one. My high school friend is planning one in the area I grew up. My work is planning one (all women and super baby happy) and my church is planning one. I agree it's hard not to buy too many things. I want to do something to get ready, but hesitate.