Big U/S Today

iVillage Member
Big U/S Today
Mon, 11-07-2011 - 9:04am

I have predicted girl. I feel pretty strongly about it. This is our fourth and definitely our last pg. We have three beautiful girls who we love to pieces. With my third I actually cried in the U/S room when they announced girl. It was short lived and I felt so bad about it afterwards. She is such a sweet girl, so silly, and so smart. I couldn't love her more.

Last night I had a dream that I went in for my U/S and they said girl and I cried and cried uncontrollably. Everybody around me stared at me in disappointment but I just kept crying. When I woke up I felt so bad, even though it was just a dream, and am now scared that I might cry if told that our baby is another girl. Of course I am happy either way but I know that desire is still there hiding in my subconscience.

I was looking up statistics and found out that only 6 (point something) % of families have four children of the same gender. I found this surprising because it seems you can find many people out there in real life or through the net that have all of one gender of children. They say that the percentage should be 12.5% but it is actually 6%. I thought it was interesting.

I have to end this with the fact that I love all of my girls. I wouldn't love them more if they were boys. But I can't help but hope.

Karen

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-07-2011 - 9:08am
I totally understand where you're coming from! I think it's ok to be upset and disappointed for a moment. I'm in your same boat - I have 3 boys in a row - and while my oldest is a girl, I'd really love another girl, but think I will feel that disappointment too if they tell me it's a boy. I love my boys, but I'd love another girl to love too! We know it's short lived and you move on. I've never cried in the ultrasound room but felt like I could.

I'll be thinking of you and sending you all my boy juju!! [send me your girl juju!!]
sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-07-2011 - 9:39am
Good luck today! I understand how you feel, it's hard not to get your hopes up and it's perfectly normal to be disappointed initially. But it doesn't take long for us to fall madly in love with whatever gender we get and start bonding more with the baby. That's part of my fear on deciding whether or not I want to find out the gender at the U/S. On one side it would be fun to wait until delivery but if I'm hoping for one gender over the other, what kind of reaction will I have? I still have 3 weeks to make up my mind to find out or not.
I'll be routing for Team Blue for you! :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-07-2011 - 1:50pm
Good luck! DH and I had 3 boys together before we had a girl. I can't wait to hear the news!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-07-2011 - 3:25pm
How did it go??? I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has done that about gender. I felt guilty too. It's impossible not to hope though, no matter how hard you try.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-07-2011 - 6:45pm

It's a BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karen

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-07-2011 - 6:52pm
oh hooray!!!!! I'm happy for you!! You must be so excited!!
sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-07-2011 - 6:54pm
CONGRATS!!! Little boys are amazing fun!!! We had a good day for u/s today :)

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-07-2011 - 6:59pm

EEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!!!!!!

-Bess--- mom to Eve and Ariel
http://mommakesmilk.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-07-2011 - 7:28pm
Oh yay!!!!!! Congrats!!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-07-2011 - 7:47pm