Black Friday - who's braving the crowds?

iVillage Member
Black Friday - who's braving the crowds?
Wed, 11-23-2011 - 2:47pm

I'm not a Black Friday shopper but I'm always curious about what others are after and what they get!

sig2-sm

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-23-2011 - 2:51pm
Not me! I'm always curious what it would be like to go, maybe one year I'll get the guts to do it. My Christmas shopping is basically done so there's no need for me to really go out.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-23-2011 - 3:19pm
Me and my girls went over adds last year after the meal......drove hour to stores......had breakfast at 4 am. Shopped till noon. Drive hour home. On no sleep. I will NEVER do that again!!!!! Felt sick all day.
We actually might go clamming at the beach if friday. Sounds much more enjoyable!
Have a great time to all ladies that do brave the day....I would love to hear what you scored .
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-23-2011 - 5:13pm

I am planning on going to Walmart tomorrow night - My mom who lives in WA (I'm in OR) will also go to her Walmart and if there is things she wants but can't get and I can find, she will have me get and she will pay me back. And there's a couple things I want to get. I will make a special trip out just to buy a newspaper tomorrow so I can get the ads. Then we'll pour over them and see wherelse to go. I do it on my own. I leave kids home with hubby. Lucky for me, my hubby makes most of Thanksgiving dinner (we stay home). He peels the potatoes, etc and I do the finishing touches. The only thing I really MAKE is the pies and for that, I open the box and pop in oven after covering the crust edge with tin foil. So I get to rest. I DVR the Macy's T-day parade and when I wake - up, I gather the kids in my room and we start watching it. I will pretty much kick back in our room, watch TV, etc. To rest of up for the big night!

Brandie Lilypie - Personal picture
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-23-2011 - 6:01pm

yep yep!! I'll be out!! i cannot wait. Im not a hardcore black friday-er. I prefer to avoid places that have an hour line jsut to get inside but I lovvvvve going out and being in the crowds and just have fun shopping deals. I'm dragging my BFF with me this year and we are going to go out for a huge breakfast after we are done. we are very much looking forward to it!

-Bess--- mom to Eve and Ariel
http://mommakesmilk.com
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-23-2011 - 8:30pm
We're leaving tomorrow morning ( around 11am) and making the drive down to NY from Ottawa ( i'm assuming crossing the boarder will be a PITA and super busy, so we're leaving early). We're staying till Saturday, so it should be a fun girls weekend. I'll be going with my sister, my mom, my cousin and my godmother. At least it'll take my mind off things for a while.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 11-26-2011 - 12:26am

We (my best friend and I) left last night about 8pm after puttin kiddos to bed, and then we were done about 6 am followed by a breakfast and a 2 hour nap cuz my kiddos wanted to play with mommy and daddy today since we were BOTH home...Oh well, i got a nap, and all is good!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 11-26-2011 - 9:18am

I am happy our sales are 4 days long!

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-26-2011 - 2:07pm
That's horrid @frutess......hopefully he does not lose his eyesight. That's disgusting. The entire point of christmas is lost with that man. Ugh!!!!
iVillage Member
Sat, 11-26-2011 - 2:34pm

They caught the guy who did it and the best part, he didnt even get the game either but store

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-26-2011 - 3:14pm
That's great......hopefully it was the game the kiddo wanted!
That guy needs to be held responsible for his actions!

Pages