Can I share my name ideas?

iVillage Member
Can I share my name ideas?
Sun, 03-04-2012 - 9:17pm

I'm having a tough time with the naming thing, but I've come up with three names I like. I'd like your input on whether or not you've heard them often or if they seem off the wall. I posted on the names board too but I like the idea of asking you ladies for advice as well.

I've reverted back to 'A' names. Initially DH thought it would be cute to name our girl with an 'A' since the boys are Daley & Ean (& if we have another boy later, Flynn :) That was what drew me to Alysophia at the beginning of this pregnancy. I wanted an 'A', I liked the idea of a double name since it is a family thing for me, and it sounded feminine. Unfortunately, way too confusing. Then we went to Cordelia because that was our initial girl name choice back in 2007. No bueno, though. it is 98% hated by the public and generally not thrilling to anyone in the family. After trying it for a while it sounds too harsh to me too. Can't do it!

Photobucket<

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-04-2012 - 10:11pm
I love Analise. That was one of my top names for this baby, but I got out voted. I started out wanting to use Anya, which my husband hated, and then I moved on to Analise, which he didn't want to use, either. I'd have to say out of your three, that's my absolute favorite! I love your boy's names! Our next boy name, if we have another boy, is going to be Finn, so I'm definitely in line with all the names you've picked!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-04-2012 - 10:54pm
I like Analise the best. A friend of mine was debating between that and Annelle, which I like too, but then she ended up having a boy, so... I know a really annoying kid named Adeline so I'm against that by default. Also, you'd be correcting people on the pronunciation alot or having them ask if it's Ad-uh-LEEN or Ad-uh-LINE when it's written out. I've never heard the name Arcelia before, but I like it. Eileen, meh, not my favorite.
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-05-2012 - 12:15am
Oh I love Analise! I think if you spell it like that you will be more likely to get the Awna pronunciation where if you spell it Annalise you will be more likely to get the Anna pronunciation. It is recognizable but not common.

Adeline is pretty but I prefer the traditional LINE pronunciation. I think you will have to correct people all the time and that may get annoying. It reminds me of Abilene when it is pronounced your way.

Aileen is okay. I have seen this name pronounced the same as Eileen or as Ay-leen so you may have to correct people sometimes. It isn't common but it does have a bit of a dated feel to it.

My personal fave is Annalise but you need to find one that feels right to you.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-05-2012 - 1:00am

Analise is definitely my favorite. Very pretty name. I love Abagail too and almost thought of using it as a name if this LO was a girl. But out of the three I think Analise is beautiful. :)

Karen

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-05-2012 - 8:02am

I like Analise, but honestly

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-05-2012 - 8:58am
i like Analise too!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-05-2012 - 10:36am
Well this is proving to be pretty simple. My husband said, "absolutely not" to Analise which was pretty much a name I had as top contender. He didn't like either of the others either. Then he actually, seriously suggested Sara to me as a name. I literally had a jaw dropping moment because that is the exact name I've used as an example of what I don't want! We spent an hour and a half on Skype and accomplished nothing other than he doesn't like any names I pick out for consideration and I don't like his (Sara, Catherine, Veronica). Ugh. He kept just picking names off the top of his head that he liked while I was perusing lists. We have completely opposite taste in names. This is going to be a nightmare.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-05-2012 - 11:54am
How di you say Adeline? Like the look. I debated on addiline. Wonder if we are saying the same.
Add-a-line. When I was a kid my favorite movie was blue lagoon......go figuarr.......and brooke shields name in that movie was addiline. My grandmas name was addie.
Oh the stuff we remember
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-05-2012 - 12:41pm
Oh I soooo feel for you. I remember my husband kept vetoing every girl name I came up with during my last pregnancy so I told him to make a list and he came to me with boy names that had been creatively spelled to now be trendy girl names.... my LEAST favourite names of all. No wonder we don't have any solid girl prospects this time either.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-05-2012 - 12:55pm
I had a friend who spelled it Annalise, great name. My grandmother's middle name is Adaline (pronounced a-da-LINE). I wouldn't give up on your favorites, maybe DH will be more receptive later? Or you can keep them in your pocket and if they fit after delivery, you can bring them up? Good luck.
Photobucket

Pages