Celebrities and Pregnancy

iVillage Member
Celebrities and Pregnancy
Wed, 10-26-2011 - 12:32am

I was just scrolling through the Yahoo news and see the inevitable article about Jessica Simpson, who is obviously pregnant and has not yet announced it. Celebrities all handle pregnancies so differently! You've got Beyonce who is obviously loving it, then you have the people who want extreme privacy so that the moment of reveal is 'theirs', then you've got the whiny Mariah Carey's of the world. No real harm to Mariah Carey whining since she was carrying twins and I think that would be ultra tough to do in heels, but you must admit the lady is a lover of the spotlight. Anyway, doesn't it make you glad you don't have to contend with that? I'd hate to feel so out of control of my life that I'd waltz around obviously pregnant in public without commenting on it just to have the moment of revelation be at my discretion. I think in reality I'm a mix between Beyonce (loving pregnancy) and Mariah (hating the body issues that go with it). Just a funny thought for the day!

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-26-2011 - 9:45am
I honestly love my body when pregnant, not so much right now where I look and feel like I've spent too much time at the buffet but later when I'm round and obviously pregnant.

I'm so glad I don't have to compete or be in the spotlight. That I don't have additional pressure to show pictures of my baby, be out in public right away, lose the weight in minutes, and fend off the paparazzi all the time.

Jessica did come out the other day and say they are having a girl. Good for her for keeping it close to her for so long. I think she's smart about it, especially with all the attention the media has put on her weight. She may not be the brightest star in the sky but she'll be a fun mama!

I love being pregnant!
sig2-sm