Changing due dates

iVillage Member
Changing due dates
Tue, 02-28-2012 - 1:02pm

I am feeling irritated by all of the changes to my due date that are happening.

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-28-2012 - 1:11pm
That would be frustrating, and changing it this late in the game is odd. I would push to use the furthest date as your LMP calculation. I'm the opposite: my dr. wants to use my LMP date, which would put me at April 26th, but I know how my cycles were and was charting, so I have a pretty good guess at which date I got pregnant and that date would put me at April 22nd. My first u/s at 8 weeks put me at April 23rd, but the doc wants to keep me at April 26th because it's within a week still. I had an ultrasound last week and baby is measuring 2 1/2 weeks ahead in size...not sure how they'll figure out that one. You're right, though. It is a date and baby will come out when they are ready or your body is ready, but with your history so far of being overdue so long and the date being moved back, I would try to ask them to stick with the LMP date. Or ask them if they mind you get a second opinion at another doctor.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-28-2012 - 1:49pm

That is frustrating! Even if only a few days, we EARN every day of this! And usually the early ultra sounds are the most accurate! My Dr. Had made an error on one sheet and wrote April 5th and he keeps trying to go back to that even though there was no reason to say that just a flub. I have to constantly remind him that I am Due the 3rd not the 5th. 2 days or not dang it I am one of the lucky few who actually KNOW the date I conceived!

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-28-2012 - 3:07pm

When people ask my due date, I tell them it depends on who you ask. MY due date is Apr 19th based on LMP, but my OB goes by Apr 21st based on U/S in beginning. But then neither of us see either date coming, we are looking at about a month from now..

But she will come when she is ready!

Brandie Lilypie - Personal picture
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-28-2012 - 3:19pm

That is frustrating. I hate getting different answers from different doctors. I would probably push for the earliest date knowing that you go overdue. I don't know why they want to wait until 14 days past, I was happy with my third when my dr said they'd induce me at 2 days past my due date if I didn't go by then, which I didn't and so I was induced. I can't imagine

Karen

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-28-2012 - 3:41pm
Do u know exactly when u got pregnant? I happen to know the very day.. dh was out of town.. if u know for shure id make them put it back to your orginal date.. if i went by baby's size id be 2 weeks further along then i am.. but, i know the exact day i got pregnant! He was gonna bump me.further along but i stood my ground and refused to budge.. i didnt want a early baby.. but a verte late baby is very scarey to.. not to mention, messrible!!!! Id draw out my argument and stick with original due date! Babies very so much in size later in pregnancy! I carried ds1 42 weeks 2 days and let me tell ya, it is awfull!!!!!!
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-28-2012 - 4:01pm
My practice doesn't change dates unless they are 7 days different. That being said though, with your insane history of going over due there is no way I'd push for the furthest date out. I don't think I could stand being that far overdue--yuck. Hopefully you can have a productive conversation with her about it. I'm like a few other ladies on here--I was charting so know that my EDD is 04-23 versus 04-21 like they want to use based on LMP. It's a small difference but since I delivery usually around 37 weeks and I know every day counts at that point, I prefer to think of it further out.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-28-2012 - 6:20pm
i would be pretty annoyed too! especially this far in the game.

I cant even imagine being 14 days over due. I went 5 over due with my first and wanted to rip her out myself!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-28-2012 - 6:58pm
I don't care if they wanna change it by 30 minutes! Id be ticked!
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-01-2012 - 6:50am

My due date is at earliest

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-01-2012 - 11:58am
I didn't end up seeing my regular midwife last night so I will save the due date fight for our next appt LOL. At 5 days overdue with my last baby she went into fetal distress and we came very close to having an emergency C/S but she recovered. I was expecting to be induced right away to have her but that didn't happen so I spent the next 9 days wondering if she was in distress again and dying and I just didn't know it. It was a very stressful end of pregnancy and I do not want to go through that again.

Other than that the appt was fine. Baby is engaged and lower than usual for a 34 weeker but I am sure that means nothing in my case. It does explain the constant peeing and the feeling that my underwear band is scarring me LOL

Photobucket

Pages