Colour ?

iVillage Member
Colour ?
Wed, 11-09-2011 - 2:46pm

Just wondering something about

iVillage Member
In reply to: frutess
Wed, 11-09-2011 - 2:51pm
I don't stick with those traditional colors myself. For me, it's more like a pastel pallet for girls and a bright and vivid tone for boys. My son was in bright colors a lot when he wasn't toddling around in a onesie at home. My DH brought up that he isn't opposed to pink, but he really likes purple, so our bedding if we are having a girl has more of a purple with light blue and light green highlights in it. I used to be very fervently against all things pink and the thought of having a girl scared the wits out of me. But now that I'm pregnant and it's still a 50/50 chance of having a girl, I've been working into being okay with pink, but I won't use it as a primary "it's a girl" color.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-09-2011 - 3:19pm

We dislike pink and baby blue, so that is not colour that is ended up on the baby

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-09-2011 - 3:25pm
No I think there are a lot of nice colour combos that don't contain blue or pink.

We decorated my youngest daughter's nursery using lavender and chocolate brown and it turned out really nice. If she had been a boy we were going to do chocolate brown and a light spring green.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-09-2011 - 4:17pm
I think technically girls have it better because any color can be a girly color with the right combination. For boys it can be a bit tougher. I like what Steph said about Vivid colors versus Pastels as a guideline. I think that works well too. I had a hard time avoiding the "boy" colors for mine. We made DS1's nursery things out of beige, dark green, and dark blue. It was an oriental inspired fabric and had small green dragon flies on everything. We painted his room beige. With DS2 I did bright green and bright blue sea creatures. I never was a fan of pink either because my mom draped me in it constantly. I was the third child and the first girl. Coincidentally my third child is now the first girl for me, and I am all about pink, pink, pink! lol The nursery for her will be pink, white, and black. I can't wait to buy fabric!

Photobucket<