With delivery looming, do you have any concerns?

iVillage Member
With delivery looming, do you have any concerns?
Sun, 02-12-2012 - 12:44pm

Do any of you all have concerns or fears about your impending delivery? If you're scheduled for a c-section are you worried at all about going into labor early, or is that not usually an issue for you?

I feel ridiculous, personally. Here I am preparing to have baby #3. I've had one with an epidural and one without pain meds. Having done it both ways--I have the jitters about either option! I don't recall being so nervous about delivery of either of the boys. For some reason this time I am spending a lot of time fretting over what type of delivery I might have and how bad/easy it might be. Silly! It's not because I have a birth plan or a specific thing I want to do, but I just wonder how it will all pan out, how it will start, how long it will last, etc. I'm driving myself crazy.

Photobucket<

Pages

iVillage Member

Nope, I have none.

iVillage Member
I am using denial to cope with my delivery anxieties LOL. Last time my water broke and I went from 6cm to meeting the baby in 7 minutes. I am terrified of my water breaking at home or something like that. I expect to go overdue and I am dreading going 2 weeks over like I did last time. We haven't really decided on a home birth or a hospital birth and either option produces different hesitations. Blah. Like I said I am going with denial for now.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
I am only concerned about going into labor early because we don't have family that lives close by that could drop in on a moment's notice to take care of DS if it's in the middle of the night. I'm sure the hospital will accommodate him if we need to and if I do start labor early, I still will have the surgery. And my sister in law lives about an hour away, so she can still get to us if we need her to. But I'm not going insane or freaking out or anything like that. What happens will happen, it's out of my control. DS was a week late with an induction and last minute c/s. We're scheduling this one at 39 weeks. I think it will be fine.
Photobucket
iVillage Member

That's so funny because I was just thinking about the same thing recently. I had an epidural the first time but they did it wrong.

Karen

iVillage Member
I'm worried about that blood clot in there with baby, my doc doesn't know what will happen because it's in a spot he's never seen before.

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member

Oh I do! This is #4 so I know what's coming... and I am dreading it. My first was 29 hours on Pit with epidural but pushing was a breeze! 2nd my water broke at home (Thanksgiving day at midnight) And again assisted with Pit 13 hours and 2 pushes later I had a 9# baby. 3rd scheduled induction with cervadil and 2 days of Pit and 45 minutes of pushing to deliver a postieror baby. Epidurals with all 3. 1st Epi was heavan 2nd Epi was hell as I had to have it done twice and a blood patch because they went through my epidural space. 3rd Epi never took so really had unmedicated birth. So with this one my hopes are my water breaks on it's own and 5-6 hours later I have a baby with 2-3 pushes and no Epi... is that the way it will go down? most definatly not I'm sure!

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member

I am not scared of the pain at all.

iVillage Member
I'm scared of how I'm going to handle this delivery after having a stillbirth. I know its gonna be a mix of happy and sad.
Photobucket
iVillage Member

I'm pretty good about not being a worrywart, so I'm not struggling too much over it, but I do definitely have concerns. Always a looming concern is that something would happen and I'd need a c-section. I went into labor on my own with DD and had a "normal" vaginal delivery, but you never know what could happen. I hate the idea of having to recover from what is effectively a major surgery and know that it would require help. My mom is more than willing to fly out to help, but I hate having people stay in my house and was not planning on having her come to help.

Other concerns: DH is a pilot. He's gone for several days at a time. If I went into labor while he was gone, there would be a very good chance he wouldn't make it in time for the delivery. I don't like the idea of being induced, but wonder if it'll be the best choice. Also, with DD, when my contractions slowed at one point, they turned on the pitocin and it made her heart decel, so they had to turn it off. The contractions resumed and all was well, but I can't help but wonder if I would have problems trying to be induced, if the pitocin would prompt heart decels in this baby too.

As I mentioned, I don't want my mom to come out, but we do have DD to worry about. I have several friends that have said they'd be willing to watch her, but isn't that a lot to ask? I haven't quite figured out what we should do about that either.

With DD, I was GBS+ and ended up having to stay in the hospital for 3 days waiting on her cultures (due to the time she was born and some incompetencies at the lab, they didn't get the cultures in on time). She was fine. I really hate the hospital, though. I recover 1000x better at home and feel better too. I hope and pray that I am not + this time and can leave ASAP. 24 hours or less would be great for me.

Shelly with DH, DD, and expecting #2 pregnancy calendar
iVillage Member

If I lived closer to you, I would see it as honour that you trust me that much to let me baby sit your child while you went into labour.

I have my neighbours two sons over today and for 1 week to come in worse cases, thier mum

Pages