earthquack! ugh

iVillage Member
earthquack! ugh
Tue, 02-21-2012 - 11:09am
We all was woken up at 3:59 with my whole house shaking! Knocked over lamps And knocked a few pic's off the walls.. boy it was loud!!! Me And dh ended up with both ds's in the bed with us!! Hope that does not happen again any time soon.. it was centered about 2 miles from me.. i just knew the new madrid fault was gonna have its big one!!!
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-21-2012 - 12:17pm
Hate earthquakes.....we don't experience them to often but they freak me out!
Can blame little guys for crawling in bed with you guys!!! ;)
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-21-2012 - 3:46pm

I've never felt an earthquake thankfully! I think it would scare the crap out of me and I'm sure DD would crawl into bed with DH and I too!

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-21-2012 - 3:48pm
That must have been the one that was in Missouri, right? I live in CA, so they don't catch me too off guard when they happen, but I can imagine how scary it can be when you're not used to it. Glad it wasn't too bad in the end and you all are safe.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-21-2012 - 4:32pm
It was scary.. Im originenly from Arizona.. felt California's big one when i was a kid..
This earthquake was actually centered under us not 2 miles away..
The sonic boom was loud.. it was as loud when they blew our levee during the flood. I am 10 miles from that levee.. the secondary levee i can see out my bedroom window.. so i am close.. the boom was very loud.. it woke me up 1st.. the shaking was really bad.. well, for some one who has only experienced very small ones.. LOL.. still.. scary.. some one posted a pic of chairs And table. And one chair was on its side.. under it, it said.. southeast mo. Earthquake.. we will rebuild.. LOL.. i laughed my guts out!
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-21-2012 - 4:35pm
I just realizes i spelled earthquack.. lol
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-21-2012 - 4:52pm
Two miles away is crazy close. Pretty unsettling.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-21-2012 - 5:02pm
Yes it was.. my son who's 12, came flying out of his room And pounced on our bed like a cat.. my dh ran for our two year old.. Im just a few miles from the new madrid fault.. it has caused major damage 100 years ago.. it cracked the Mississippi river bed And caused it to actually run backwards for 3 days.. so its a major fault line.. if u will look at a map a part of Arkansas is on the Missouri side of the river.. the earthquake was so large it also changed the path of the Mississippi river.. so when we "shake" we always fear its the big one.. its said in old news papers that after shock lasted for 6 months, And the average after shock was 6.0!!!! People thought the end of the world was at hand.. we had a 2nd quake today around 11.. i havent looked up how big it was yet.. i felt it And thought " its gonna be a long day!!"