Feeling clumsy?

iVillage Member
Feeling clumsy?
Fri, 02-17-2012 - 7:49pm

In light of everyone slipping and falling in the shower lately, I figured this is a legitmate question to ask. I have also now joined the slip and fall club--though thankfully not in my shower. I washed my dog this afternoon outside and when I let her in a bit later she was still damp. She laid down in my utility area that has linoleum and left a slightly damp area. I walked down there carrying my 20 month old and woosh! My one leg just kept going forward. Thankfully I caught myself before I did a complete split by taking the fall on my right knee. I didn't continue to go down from there. Conversely, I took the fall on my knee! Ouch! lol But my youngest son was unphased and I didn't fall on my belly or anything so I suppose I am also lucky. Later I tripped going up the stairs -_-; Who else is doing ridiculously clumsy things now that the bellies are expanding?

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-17-2012 - 9:28pm
I'm so clumsy lately that I'm scared to carry my 13 month old because of it! Not only am I falling or tripping over what seems like nothing, I'm dropping everything I pick up. I almost cried the other morning because I kept spilling milk when I was trying to pour it into a sippy cup! I'm looking forward to being able to function again!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-18-2012 - 2:25am
Yes....just spilled a cup of water... and from falling I still have a knot under the skin...and it hurts.
Im lazy and tired and my hips are sooo very sore!
6 more weeks today till my c/sect!!!
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-19-2012 - 10:34am
It's so hard to be careful when our balance is SO OFF!! My legs and knees get so bruised - i bump into everything all the time! It doesn't help that I bruise so easily. I'm very thankful that I've not done anything serious or fallen on my belly either. definitely a time to be extra careful!
sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-20-2012 - 3:05pm
Mines not tripping as much as burning myself while cooking And missing the handle And Hitting the corner of the cabinet, or shutting my fingers in draws or like early i tried to pull my rug out.. it was wedged under a chair, some how i managed to punch myself in the mouth when my hand slipt!! Geez! Im kinda beating my self up on accident.. its all Ive done all week! Lol
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-20-2012 - 3:26pm
Me too. My coordination in everything is off--apparently even in my brain. I just pulled my laundry out of the wash and discovered I put fingernail clippers in there. Not sure how that happened.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-21-2012 - 11:04am
LOL.. i couldnt find a tea pitcher i washed.. looked everywhere.. my son went to get a soda out of the fridge And found it.. apparently, i washed it and put in the fridge instead of where it went.. for the life of me i cant remember doing it! Lol