Feeling a little cheated

iVillage Member
Feeling a little cheated
Sat, 04-07-2012 - 11:20am

I haven't been able to post about some things I have wanted to - just not enough time with 2 free hands to type. But I wanted to share a little and hope that I'm not the only one.

My other 4 babies all came on time - 2 of them came one day before their due date, 1 came the day after, and 1 came a week early - scheduled induction.

sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-07-2012 - 12:46pm
((hugs)) I can understand why you would feel that way and I don't think it is selfish. Since my babies have all arrived late I have had lots of time to enjoy the last movements, take pictures and be completely ready to move on from being pregnant. I know it would feel shocking to have that taken away from me. Take some time to mourn what you lost and then you will be able to enjoy the blessings

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-07-2012 - 4:17pm
I think your post makes a lot of sense and brings to light an important aspect of the final month of pregnancy. It really does prepare you for being done with the whole thing and I think it can throw you out of whack to have it unexpectedly come to an end that way. I know the jaundice must not have helped make that any easier because it's a lot of work on top of having a new born in general to make sure they're eating well, on the lights if they have to be, etc. Going back and forth for blood checks is always a hassle. I'm sure you will even out and feel better but it does make perfect sense that you feel that way.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 11:14am

I completely understand where you are coming from. I know I had my share of complaints during the end of pregnancy but funnily enough I was starting to feel great before I went in and had Adam, unexpectantly, three weeks early. I kept feeling my belly afterwards and really missed not feeling his movements anymore.

Having them tie the tubes has also at times made me want to cry. It's like a huge dose of reality everytime I think of it. So now I am just trying to enjoy each and every moment I have. It won't be easy once I start watching my nephews in a month and it won't be just me and Adam and his big sister anymore.

It's a hard place to be at times but I know we will make it through.

Karen

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 10:50pm
I can imagine exactly what you are feeling. All your feelings are so valid. I understand the wanting to be pregnant until closer to the end. There is a sense of anticipation that comes as your pregnancy is drawing to an end that may not be there one month earlier.

I am sorry that your pregnancy had to end so suddently and that you are sad :( I think the fact that you could not mentally prepare for this is the hardest thing. I had my first daughter 2 weeks earlier, which really caught me off guard, but because my last day of work was literally the day before I went into the hospital I think I was in preparation to have baby mode already.

I'm not sure what will make you feel better. But just know that your feelings are totally understandable, and just hang onto how blessed you are. Here's one bonus you have when baby comes early: You get to have more infant time with your baby. Your baby stays in that newborn phase for longer. And that is such a fleeting time that most moms wish they could have more of. And you get that. So, I hope that cheers you up. Hang in there and just love on that baby!
http://lilypie.com/">Lilypie First Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-10-2012 - 1:14am
I think most new moms for through this to some extent.
Weather baby was early, on time, or late. We have a sadness for the pregnancy being over. I think its partly hormones....
((((Hugs))))) I understand where you are coming from.

Even though my baby had a "date" to come out for months....when that chapter is over its a sadness we experience. And its real!!!!!
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-11-2012 - 2:35pm
Thank you everyone - your thoughts and understanding really mean a lot. And yes, I've gotten 3 good weeks of newborn dreaminess and I love it so much! I really should treasure that more. Levi is just starting to be more alert and aware but he's still a really good sleeper. :) I Love newborns so much!
sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-11-2012 - 3:04pm
It's perfectly normal to go through what you are going through. As time goes on and the hormones have stabilized, I think you will begin to feel better. *hugs*
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 2:09pm
I feel exactly the same way. Delaney camealmost a month early, and because they thought she was going to be sick, I was a nervous mess the whole time. I really miss having her in my belly! I keep thinking that she wouldn't even be here yet if everything had gone okay. I love her so much, but I wish she could've stayed in longer!.
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-20-2012 - 9:10am

I understand were you are coming form . I was induced 2 weeks early because of my BP , pre- e and ended up with a c section . All though it was what was best for me and most