Finally broke down and bought some maternity clothes today

iVillage Member
Finally broke down and bought some maternity clothes today
Tue, 10-18-2011 - 5:08pm

Had to put in my plug for Motherhood Maternity. Those are some of the most comfortable clothes I have ever worn! I bought two shirts and a new pair of jeans (my regular ones are starting to be a bit snug), so I was nervous about how they fit and how the panel was attached and sat. I had experience with being pregnant before and the panel inseam cut into my belly and it was awfully sore for months. But oh my gosh, the clothes at MM are so, so comfy!! The jeans felt great, they weren't tight like I was expecting them to be in the legs and butt. I was just so pleased with the fit and comfort. I'll probably go get some work slacks next paycheck in a few weeks so I have more clothes for work.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
I LOVE Motherhood too! Everything I bought when I was pregnant with DD was so comfy! I'm going to have to put some money towards maternity clothes very soon since I have NOTHING for fall & winter that will fit me. I was pregnant in the spring and summer last time. I've had good luck with Old Navy maternity too.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
I love the way Motherhood clothes fit. The only thing I've found to be a drawback, and I think you have to look at it in context, is that usually my clothes from there don't last super long. The construction of some of the items can be a bit shoddy. That's only some of the items though. I've got jeans from there that I bought in '07 that have seen tons of wear. You also have to consider that maternity wardrobes aren't usually huge. I'll wear the same 4 outfits for 6 months at the end. That said... I've been in my maternity things since I found out I was pregnant. It didn't take long for me to get bloated and want my maternity full secret fit belly pants :) I love how those have been added on to their pants. With DS1 they didn't have that.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
That's kind of where I am. I bought a pair of jeans and a few nice shirts that were on sale for work. Next month, I'll buy two pairs of slacks for work and maybe a few more shirts. But, that's it. I have sweaters that I'm sure will continue to fit and all of my shirts that I already own will work. I just need nice pants that actually fit my bump.
Photobucket
iVillage Member

I've been considering it, but I really have no belly.

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
I'd say for FTMs probably somewhere around 16-18 weeks ish, depending on how you start out. I've always been so excited to be able to wear my maternity clothes because they look a lot more flattering and pretty than my usual wardrobe that I jump right in to it. I know I didn't have a belly with DS1 until probably 16-17 weeks though. Before that I use my maternity things for comfort and excitement :)

Photobucket<

iVillage Member

Hmmm....my pants still fit just fine! Not even snug! But it's my shirts I'm having problems with...they're all too short!

Photobucket
iVillage Member

I had to go out and get some new maternity clothes on the weekend. The jeans I wore with DD are still a bit too big for me because they got so stretched out with her but my regular jeans are just way too uncomfortable to wear! I also wanted to get a couple of shirts that will fit me during the whoel pregnancy. We don't have a Motherhood Maternity up here I don't think. At least not anywhere near me. I bought my clothes at Thyme Maternity. They have some really awesome clothes and on the weekend they had some great deals which made my day :D I feel way better now that I'm wearing some clothes that fit me properly!! :)

iVillage Member
I think that's where I am, too. My regular jeans wouldn't fit properly and they were uncomfortable sitting or driving for more than about 15 minutes. You can always buy online if you want to try them out, but it's best to be able to go try them on in a physical store. What's great is that MM stays true to your prepregnancy size and the material expands with you as you get bigger and further along. I tried on my regular size and they are actually a tad loose on me, a lot of room to grow. I wore the jeans today and they don't cause the discomfort in my belly while I'm sitting. But, if you have a maternity store close by that you can actually try them on, that's awesome. :)
Photobucket