First time I've been advised of this, how about you?

iVillage Member
First time I've been advised of this, how about you?
Tue, 02-21-2012 - 7:35pm

This came in my email from my hospital today:

Photobucket<

Pages

iVillage Member
I've never heard of this! I wouldnt be able to go in there not shaved lol
Photobucket
iVillage Member
I have never heard of this.. i couldnt go in there all messy down there either!!! I have to have a little pride.. LOL.. And i must have my legs shaved to.. lol And lipstick!!!
iVillage Member
I thought it sounded a bit strange.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Hmmm I have never heard of that either. I wonder if they had some kind of incident with infection so now they started sending out this blanket warning for everyone

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Weird....and odd.

Why make such a big deal about it...can't imagine it happens alot.

People have all sorts of things going on down there...from yeast to Vag. Warts. To stds...on and on But you don't put out an all points bulletin.

Ya odd.
iVillage Member

Yes I have,

iVillage Member
Ouch frutess!!!
iVillage Member
It makes sense to me and I'm sure it's a legal obligation they have to suggest not doing it.
I can't see that area right now but can still shave the bikini line. Soon I won't be able to reach it so I doubt I'll be too concerned. All pride goes out the window in that delivery room anyway. Lol
iVillage Member
Nope, never heard it either. I'm not a big shaver but I do keep things trimmed - so maybe that's not a big issue since my doc obviously can see that I'm not a shaver. And yes, I think too much gunk get stuck in the hair post partum. That area is SO SORE and wiping is painful. Thank goodness for spray bottles of warm water though!
sig2-sm

iVillage Member
LOL No, my doc actually said when I was about to crown "oh she took care of it for us". about them maybe having to shave you lol