Full moon babies?

iVillage Member
Full moon babies?
Fri, 04-06-2012 - 6:51pm

I hope when I check tomorrow there are some new birth announcements in the folder!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-07-2012 - 8:32am
Not I. I had some cramping though for the first time! Lol. I'm very curious to see if anyone had their little ones last night.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-07-2012 - 10:43am
It didn't do anything for me. I'm still here and still no where near having the baby. I actually went in last night just to have them check the movement (they've been on my case to pay better attention). Anyway, she didn't meet the required movements and I went in to be monitored for a few minutes. The L&D floor was silent--least amount of activity I've ever seen up there. They checked me again too. The first guy who checked said a 4 or 5, but then when the lady checked me she said a 1.5. I immediately asked how the heck that was possible given I have been a 2.5 by everyone else's check and she said it was because she had bigger fingers. Needless to say I'm now at that really irritated pregnant point. No progress in a week and a half and now officially my longest pregnancy yet. She capped it off by walking out the door saying it was still 'very, very early in my process and I could be pregnant for weeks'. A super different tune from the other midwife and I'm in a constant hormonal state of being peeved/blue now.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-07-2012 - 12:41pm
No full moon baby for me either. I looked at the due date list and everyone due before me has already had their baby so I should be next... no budging in line from you early birds ;) LOL. I know I won't be next but at least today my mom will be here so after that there is no more stress about childcare. Our stupid phone telehearing is on Tuesday and once that is over I will be happy and peaceful about baby arriving.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-07-2012 - 7:59pm
I'm still here, though I'm having crazy cramping going on. I was on my feet a bit doing some shopping with DH and DS and had some painful discomfort while I was walking. I am tempted to just go in and get checked. Would that be a bad idea? I haven't lost my plug, no broken water, and no bleeding. I haven't gotten a cervix check in a few weeks and then, I was very soft, but not dilated or effaced. C-section is scheduled in 13 days, next appt in 6.

Should I go to L&D and get checked?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-07-2012 - 8:01pm
Why not? I'd get checked out if I were you. That cramping could be a little something going on. KUP!

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-07-2012 - 8:48pm
I hate getting checked so I would just avoid it until I felt like I was in active labour but if you are curious then go in :)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-07-2012 - 9:01pm
I probably wouldn't. But I find that getting a sitter, driving to the hospital, waiting, and then getting sent home a major inconvenience. I probably won't even call my dr until I'm doubled over in pain just to make sure I don't get sent home. Lol. Keep us posted.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-08-2012 - 4:58pm
Ended up not going in. I talked to DH about it and I think my impatience and lack of comfort is making me want to go in for something that isn't a big deal. I'm almost there, less than two weeks.
Photobucket