Getting ready for baby yikes!

iVillage Member
Getting ready for baby yikes!
Thu, 02-09-2012 - 3:45pm

The room is painted, the crib is assembled complete with bedding, car seat and stroller ready to go, I've got other necessities like bottles, and boppy, some clothing, oh and diapers.

Pregnancy%20ticker

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-09-2012 - 4:37pm
I wonder if we're ready for a newborn after so long, too. It's been 9 years for us since we had one, so we've gotten out of the habits that we had to develop with DS. I have my moments of excitement, then my moments of panic. If we needed to pick up our car seat, we can do so whenever we need to, so if labor begins today (it won't, but still), we are all set. I have the majority of her clothes washed and ready to go. I do have to buy new nipples for the bottles I have, but I hope to not need bottles for at least a few weeks to establish a BF routine. I have 9 weeks and one day until my tentatively scheduled c/s, so I'm having the concern that we don't have everything ready. Time is going by fast.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-09-2012 - 4:59pm
It does.. i have my moments of panic thinking " oh god!" Lol.. but i have 10 years to the day between my 12 year old and 2 year old.. so ive already had to rearange my entire life.. but we survived.. i was so glad because my 2 year old has been easier finaly.. now we r having another one! So now im panicky over dealing with a 2 year old and a new born! I still have my stuff from my sons.. but now we r having our 1st girl.. so all new clothes!!!
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-09-2012 - 6:35pm
It's only been 2 years since I've had a newborn, and I still don't feel ready. Nothing is ready for this baby girl. I have some clothes I've been buying here and there, but they still are unwashed with tags on them because the room isn't ready. Her nursery is still our office. We haven't even shopped for nursery furniture yet! I think once her room is ready, I'll feel better.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-09-2012 - 7:22pm

I went through the panic a few weeks ago and went and bought almost everything needed. Now all I need is breastfeeding items: nursing bras, breast pump, and bottles. I washed all of his clothes except for his coming home outfit which I bought last week and will get to washing today or tomorrow. After that I just need to pack my hospital bag and I am all set. I have a feeling all of this stuff will be sitting around for the full 8 weeks (plus a few days) but it feels great to have everything ready!

Karen

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-10-2012 - 3:57am

I sat down and went throught the minimal list yesterday.

Boppy / nursing pillow will be tested out at the

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-10-2012 - 6:51pm
I just got my Ikea crib for this little one put together, and it's amazing. I wish I'd had one like this for my younger son too. It's adorably simple.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-10-2012 - 6:55pm
Yes! Every night I go to bed thinking the same things. First I pull up the calendar on my phone and look at how long I have until DH is home, then how long after that until baby might be here. I think to myself, "Oh man! I can't wait until he's home!" but then immediately after, "But I'm not ready for baby yet!" I'm hoping that this one stays in to at least 38 weeks. My other two came at 37 weeks on the nose. I hope that won't happen this time. We've got a big yard renovation scheduled for right when I'm 37 weeks (not the smartest move, but the only possible timing available). I want to be able to enjoy the finished product before she gets here. I'm hoping to finish the nursery decoration/furniture placement by Wednesday next week, and immediately thereafter I'll be washing the clothes. My goal was to have the nursery and all that completely done, as well as hospital bag packed by the end of this month. For me that means I'll have it done by 32 weeks, which I think is reasonable.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-10-2012 - 8:05pm
I'm getting to the very excited point too - though I'm not quite as ready as you are! Time is flying all of a sudden!!
sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-10-2012 - 9:41pm

wow you are so prepared...I feel like i'm slacking!!!!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-11-2012 - 1:58pm
Most everything is ready because I already have a 2 year old daughter and since we are having another girl, I feel it's easy to prepare again.

My breast friend is up in the closet. I used that so much the first months when I nursed my daughter. My daughter's room is already set up w/ changing table and crib. My daughter doesn't sleep in her crib. Instead she's in a twin bed. So new baby can have her crib. I'm borrowing a co-sleeper that will go in our room for the new baby anyway.

The only thing I have to do is get the nb clothes from the garage and wash them. Oh, and dh needs to put another rod in the closet since my oldest and the baby will be sharing a closet.

I don't think I'd be able to pack a hospital bag right now, considering I'm taking all the items to the hosp that I use on an everyday basis. I didn't really even pack a bag last time. I had a few things ready to go maybe, but since I went to the hosp by myself last time and they told me they were going to induce because my water was leaking, I just told dh what to grab over the phone. So he packed a majority of my bag. And it all worked out. Definitely getting excited though!
http://lilypie.com/">Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Pages