Had a baby scare Monday...

iVillage Member
Had a baby scare Monday...
Wed, 10-26-2011 - 3:40pm

Started bleeding about 430pm. Called my OB and it took FOREVER for someone from the office to get back to me. They told me to go on into the ER. Got a sitter for the other kids and off we went. Got Triaged right away but then sat in the lobby 2.5hrs. Finally got in the back and they did a pelvic exam & ultrasound. Dr said there was lots of brown (old) blood and little red blood. Possible Bacterial infection. Maybe had a mucous plug come undone. Ultrasound showed great heartbeat and the baby was doing somersaults in there. Kinda shocked the ER doc I think. Was sent home, to take it easy for a few days and to see my OB in 2wks (which I have my usual appt scheduled then).

Bleeding has stopped, no more brown blood. Been taking it easy and it gave me even more ammunition for my kids to help out more! I never had bleeding or spotting with any of the other 3.. Scared the crud outta me!

The worst part of the waiting in the lobby.. The TV showed the movie "Look Who's Talking"!!

Anyway.. Lets hope nothing like this happens again..

Brandie Lilypie - Personal picture
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-26-2011 - 4:04pm
That's very scary! I hope you're feeling more secure now that you've had a looksie. I had this happen to me last time with DS2 and my SIL had it happen with her 1st pregnancy as well. If everything looked good, I'm sure you're fine. Definitely a freaky thing to have happen though.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-26-2011 - 4:08pm

I knew that everything was fine on Thursday - I had a ultrasound with the high risk doctors. I did start a new medication last Friday evening, to help with my fasting blood sugars and although it's not supposed to go through the placenta, I was worried it actually did.

Brandie Lilypie - Personal picture
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-26-2011 - 8:10pm
Oh my goodness that's scary! I'm so glad everything is okay. The waiting would have drove me nuts too. Fingers crossed it was a one time thing.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-27-2011 - 8:49am
Glad to hear all is well with the baby!

Karen

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-29-2011 - 8:19am
so glad everything looks ok but how scary that must have been!
sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-30-2011 - 8:49pm
Glad to hear all is alright! Bleeding is always scary!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-31-2011 - 9:02pm

UGH! I had my 2nd major bleeding episode yesterday (1st one at 11 wks) and i know how scary it is! How much were you bleeding? both of mine happened on weekends so i had to wait until monday to go to my doc... I pray neither one of us has any more problems!

pregnancy calendar