Had my u/s today, wish I could switch OB!

iVillage Member
Had my u/s today, wish I could switch OB!
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 6:33pm

So today I had a growth scan because at my last appt they measured me ahead by 3 weeks. The u/s tech said she was going to get us some pictures but failed to, which was a little disappointing. We did get to witness him open his mouth wide and yawn and when we saw his hands he had a thumbs up.

So after the u/s tech talked to the dr they wanted us to see the dr for a follow up because they said my cervix was a little short. We had an hour to kill so we left for some lunch and came back. The dr I was supposed to see was tied up and we got stuck with a different dr.

The u/s measured Adam to be around 3 lbs 14 oz (the dr said 3 lbs 6 oz...I don't think she really read my report). I was asked about what went on with the u/s and why I was sent to talk to the dr. So I tell her and she does the fastest check I've ever had. "Oh well your cervix is a little soft but it's still pretty firm." She said I was still 1 cm dilated though I do not believe her because I did a self check (I know people are against self checking but my hand was washed and I've done this before with my last dd and knew what I was doing) and I know I am more than a 1 and more of a 2.

I then mentioned that I am getting

Karen

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 6:36pm
I really hate inconsistent care like that. I am glad everything looks good but it is definitely frustrating not getting clear information. ((hugs)) Take it easy!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 6:52pm
It sounds like you are staying vigilant for yourself, which also sounds like a good idea. Practices like that make me worry too. That does not seem like it was a good follow up with a doctor who cared at all. I'd be just as frustrated as you!

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 8:24pm
I hate it when they make you feel rushed! At least you LO is looking great and measuring the right size!
Photobucket