Have you packed your hospital bag yet?

iVillage Member
Have you packed your hospital bag yet?
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 3:03pm

I haven't but I'm starting to get those weird feelings like I better get it done. I don't necessarily think that I'll go early but I'm suddenly feeling so unprepared to have this baby. I don't take much to the hospital in my bag specifically - but we sure looked like we were moving in when I had Lucas! Between James and I - a clothing bag each, one for the baby, 2 laptop bags, 1 camera bag, and 2 pillows! I expect nothing less this time around too! And I was induced, so we were prepared early that day for sure. Right now, everything is scattered and needs to be in some sort of order in case we need to grab and go. Though really, I know none of it matters [except for my camera] since I could make due for awhile with none of my personal items.

Maybe I should at least start making a list. I can't believe I need to start thinking about this already. The last couple months have really gone by quickly!

sig2-sm

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 3:13pm
I feel like I can't get it completely done....because there are things I need....like phone charger and my fave yoga pants. :/
I need to finish and just have a list on top of bag of the last minute throw ins. So I know its done when I walk out the door.
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 3:24pm
I am going to make a list of things I ordinarily use every day and then pack everything else. I have the diaper bag ready. I will also put together a small duffel bag for DH and my clothes and toiletries for him. I hit the travel aisle at Target last week and got all of my own toiletries and packed them in the diaper bag. But things like my makeup, my yoga pants (I live in them after I get home from work) and DH's toiletries, we won't pack until right before. But everything we need for the baby is ready to go (except the car seat, which we will probably go pick up in a week).

DH is convinced I will be early. My co-workers think the same, so they moved my shower up to next week. It's starting to make me worry that I might go early. Ugh, I hate it.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 4:27pm

I agree the time did fly during the second trimester. Things were starting to feel like they were slowing down and yet now I feel like time is speeding up again.

I finally got my bag packed and now I am 100% set to have this baby. Of course baby isn't ready to come out and probably won't for a while but at least I won't have to worry, just in case. I did not pack much since the hospital is only 15 mins away from our house. I love that it is so close to us this time around. Since dh has to make trips back home to check on the girls I can always have him bring me things that I may need.

Only 27 more days to go, give or take, and I can't wait!

Karen

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 4:35pm
I made a list so at least that is some progress. Most of the stuff I still use so I won't pack until last minute

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 4:58pm
I haven't even thought about it yet!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 5:08pm
Actually, here's a question for BF and pumping BTDT moms: did you take a pump with you to the hospital to pump between feedings? I plan to do both and I know I'll have to pump between feedings to keep a good supply up, but should I consider taking the pump in to the hospital to begin that process? Just curious.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 5:15pm
I don't know since I don't pump. Do they actually suggest you start pumping right away or just nurse more frequently so that your baby develops good habits? I thought you should establish a good nursing routine first and then add pumpings in later. You don't want to start bottle feeding right away since you will likely have nipple confusion. Maybe this is a good question for the lactation board - http://forums.ivillage.com/t5/Breastfeeding-Support-Ask-the/ct-p/iv-ppbreastfeed
sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 5:30pm
Is there a specific reason you will be pumping between feedings right away? I have never heard of that. I don't bring my pump to the hospital because we exclusively nurse for a little while.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 6:20pm
No specific reason, no. My sister said she did after her DD was a month or so old to keep her supply up for when she pumped and nursed when she returned to work. I wasn't wanting to right away, but I wasn't sure of anyone else's experiences on doing both nursing and pumping. With DS, we went straight to formula, so I'm kind of a fish out of water. :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 6:44pm

Nope! I have the diaper bag ready to go with her stuff. But my bag is still empty in the closet. But which closet?? Guess I should locate that! But I'll probably toss my stuff in as I head to the hospital.

Pregnancy%20ticker

Pages