I cant believe this happened!

iVillage Member
I cant believe this happened!
Fri, 02-10-2012 - 10:21am

A little background story. We are extremely close with my parents, and everytime they go on a trip, something happens. Examples : They went down south for 2 weeks, 3 days after they left my sister ended up in the hospital. My dad was going around the country with the p.m for the elections, while he was gone we lost our baby and ended up having a stillbirth. That was extremely hard on my dad, I think it really made him realize how much stuff he had missed in our lives, he's always travelled alot for work. Thats when he said no more, he's done travelling. 2 months later me and my mom convinced him to go on a fishing trip with my uncles 7 hours away. He hadnt even been gone a day and the dr called and diagnosed me with Lupus ( which we found out a few weeks later I didnt have that at all, but still caused a huge thing in my family). Now , to get to the point of my story. On monday my mom went to the dr's, she told her to take a month off work. We've been telling her for years to take time off since she's super stressed. They told us Tuesday they were making the 24 hour drive down to Florida, and coming back in a month, which made me really happy since I know they both really need this.I know my mom is really stressed out about this pregnancy, and so is my dad. Well, last night I sliped and fell in the shower. it was a pretty big fall and i took the shower curtain and rod down with me. I fell in a way that I didnt hit my belly. My tailbone hit the side of the bath, and then I slipped off that and fell on my back on the floor. Of course I didnt tell them what happened since everything seems to be ok. Baby moved all night long, I'm just really sore today. I just really hope nothing else happens while they're gone!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-10-2012 - 12:24pm
Oh goodness, that doesn't sound pleasant. :( I hope nothing else happens either and they have a great (relaxing!) time in Florida.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-10-2012 - 2:58pm

Ouch! I'm glad that it sounds like the baby is doing okay. I hope you feel better soon and nothing else happens!

Karen

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-10-2012 - 6:45pm
OUCH :( You're the second shower casualty we've had on the board. Note to the ladies: be careful in the shower! I'm sorry you fell but I'm glad baby is moving fine and you feel okay. That is a little crazy that murphy seems to come knocking at your door when family tries to vacation.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-10-2012 - 9:15pm
Man, i can see ur parents are afraid to travel!! Your shower fall sounds terrible! Im so glad u and baby r ok!!!! I had a shower incident, but hubby ended up sparled butt naked in the floor.. we were showering together and i turned and hit him with my bellie.. he tried to stop himself, but being wet, he slid and bonced off the toilet! Bruised both his shins and an elbow.. after i stopped crying from almost killing him, i laughed alot visioning him falling in my mind.. its causing me to chuckle even know...
Glad your mom is taking time for herself to destress.. its very important!!
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-10-2012 - 9:31pm

Glad you and baby are okay and I hope the rest of their trip is less eventful (even from your end)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-11-2012 - 8:54am

eek Ouch! Always scary when you fall during pregnancy. That sounds like a nasty one. Glad baby seems to be fine, I'm sure you'll be feeling that fall for days to come :( Take it easy and baby yourself! And for goodness sake get some bubble wrap until Mom gets home!

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-11-2012 - 3:34pm
Ouch! How are you feeling now? Showers seem so dangerous during pregnancy!

We have a different strange thing with my parents travelling.... every time they come to visit us the kids get crazy sick. It is so weird.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-11-2012 - 7:36pm
i made sure i didnt tell them about the fall, i'll let them know when they get back lol. DH wasnt home when i fell, he was packing up at work, i called him crying. I think I was scared more than anything.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-11-2012 - 7:40pm
I still feeling the fall for sure, but i'm trying to take it easy. Heck, my foot is still super sore from a few weeks back. I'm thinking I must have broken some bones at the top of my foot cause the pain isnt normal... I'll eventually go get it checked, just dont wanna go wait hours to do so. yay for free heathcare, boo for crazy wait times lol
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-11-2012 - 10:28pm
So sorry....
My leg still has a horrible sore knot in it from my shower fall.
Glad your ok. I was so scared so I know your fear.
Take it easy. And please ladies be careful. I make sure I grab the shower door and take my steps carefully getting out of the shower and then dry the crud out of my feet.