If you've had your little one...

iVillage Member
If you've had your little one...
Wed, 04-11-2012 - 3:08pm

-What is your favorite feature of your newborn? Cute toes, an adorable penchant for grinning, or maybe even a heavy dozer?

-What are you finding toughest with this little one? Spitting up a lot, hard to catch on to breastfeeding, colic?

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-11-2012 - 8:41pm
I love her ears....they look just like pixy or elves ears. I know they will change but cute on a baby. I love when im done nursing and she is so relaxed she falls asleep and she leans her head back and milk is running out her mouth and I feel so glad I able to nurse and share in her continued development. :)
Im hoping her personality doesn't change because she is a good baby so far. She never is put down though. Someone always has her in her arms. And i find myself just cuddling wayyyyy to long.
I've been really lazy about anything but taking care of me and baby. Along with the the family. Housework is just getting the basics.
The hard part has been slow weight gain and my milk has been even worse!!!
I feel now good about my milk but wow has it been a pain getting enough!
On friday she has her 2 week check im hoping we see a gain.
I feel so completely blessed AGAIN. God has been so good to me and my family. I know its hormones but when I say my prayers I start bawling.....I feel so blessed and lucky to have this beautiful creature to share my life with. ;
Such little miracles its so amazing.
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-11-2012 - 8:04pm
My favorite part: her cute little noises when she sleeps, and when she looks al me.. it just melts my heart! Oh! and when she yawns! omg its so cute.

The thoughest: I've been pumping for this LO, so thats been pretty rough! My milk supply is great and I actually have a nice stash already frozen... but its so time consuming. I was going to bf, but when we were at the hospital she had a bit of jaundice, and her blood sugars would drop if she didnt eat alot... so i wanted to know exactly how much she was eating.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-11-2012 - 5:18pm
His beautiful blue eyes!! His eyes are such a beautiful deep shade of blue. I also love his long skinny fingers! Everyone keeps saying he should play the piano. I also love his little squawks that he does instead of full out cries (which he doesn't do too often). They are so cute!!

I think the only tough thing I can think of is my five year old (turns five tomorrow). She adores her baby brother and is always so sweet with him but she is having a hard time adjusting to the fact that she is no longer the center of mommys attention. She has been acting up a lot more lately which isn't at all like her. I try to get in moments alone with her and so does dh, I know it's a big change for her and she will need time to adjust.

Karen

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-11-2012 - 4:59pm

I love it how Tobi is at her happiest laying on my chest. Her cute little noises she makes in her sleep. I even love her cute little (LOUD cries sometimes). It's amazing to me how my husband and I created this little creature. I also agree, the way she prefers to scrunch her legs up underneath her body, as she was on the inside. I am amazed that she is STILL not supposed to be on the outside (due date of Apr 21st), but yet, here she is. That she has finally figured out breastfeeding but still does the head bob (head bangers ball!) looking for it. She gets BM most of her feedings, but still gets 1-2 formula (mixed w/BM) bottles a day.

The toughest? There's been a list.. NICU stay, jaundice issues, MY pumping issues (can't pump worth squat!), Her weight loss (not too bad, she weighed in at 8.12 at birth, left NICU at 8lb and is up to 8.6), my having to deal with the fact that she gets formula (but mixed with BM) but not as often as when she was released from the NICU. Her having reflux (but on meds now, hopefully that will help with gaining), staph infection in her eyes (meds for that), her major gas (still trying to figure out what I ate to cause that, she has meds for that too). So much happening and she's only 3 weeks old! She doesn't like to sleep when it's dark out (but does GREAT during the day when I CAN'T sleep too!).

For ME personally, I've had the biggest issue trying to be in 20 different places at once. My other kids don't get the attention that they need - all but the 6 year old understands it but my 6 year old doesn't. They know that as Tobi gets older, she won't be AS dependant on me. That they will be able to do more for her/me than I let them now - she's just too squishy still. I DO wish that they would LET HER SLEEP.. Not be touching all the time. They think that as soon as DH opens our door in the AM, it's their invite to come on into my room and almost always wakes her up!

But as crazy as it all is, no matter how messy my house gets, it's worth it. I know my house will get clean in time and in time it will stay cleaner. I have 4 kids now, a husband, his dad who lives with us who acts just like a kid (will get into that more later!). But I wouldn't trade it for nothing!

I will get more pictures together and share them...

Brandie Lilypie - Personal picture
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-11-2012 - 3:38pm
I could use some of those tips too! Even though my Ean is currently 22 months old tomorrow, he is quite literally at the maturity level my oldest son was at when he was 18 months -_-; He is the sweetest little guy but has an awful temper and doesn't communicate as much as my oldest did at this point (also likes to be carried everywhere) so it's essentially like having a younger child.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-11-2012 - 3:35pm
I am hoping you will have some tips for me about dealing with 2 babies. Julia is 18 months and I am so nervous about how I am going to juggle the two wee ones.

I can't wait to see pics of your little man.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-11-2012 - 3:31pm
Ah yes, the tucked up and cuddly bundle phase. That is a wonderful time. I love it when they just want to be tucked up against someone or bundled. It's adorable. How fun that he has special little features all his own-even when you have four other little personalities to compare to. :) I can't imagine how you're juggling what is essentially having two babies at once. That would be ultra hard. I'm sure it makes it harder to sit back and enjoy everything too. The jaundice thing.... I completely feel you on that issue. Both of my boys have had it bad (though DS1 had an extra extended stay in peds after his birth due to it and DS2 got a billi blanket to come home with us). I was always told boys tend to have greater issue with it by the nursing staff and it seems to be true from the others I've seen who've had to deal with it. It's amazing how hard it makes things and I'm sure it puts the pressure on you even more to make sure he's feeding well. We'd love pics when you get a chance!

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-11-2012 - 3:21pm
Oh you're giving me space to gush!!! and whine! LOL

Levi has the most adorable folded ears!! The edges haven't quite filled out just yet and they have a little ruffley wave about them. They are so cute! And his cute little turned up nose, that doesn't seem to match anyone else in the family! And he's so cozy while he sleeps, all tucked up in the fetal position all the time. I'm not anxious for him to get passed the newborn stage and stretch out. I love how everyone comments on how tiny he is!

And toughest - ugh, the jaundice, the poor latch, the lack of weight gain, the feeling like a failure at nursing for me, the nonstop heel sticks for billirubin checks. Some of that has passed now and I still want to write my own detailed post about it. one of these days. I have no time anymore. Having a 16 month old and a 3 week old - YIKES!! Oh, that on top of the big kids and their busy schedules. And having a preemie, totally unexpected and unprepared for, just threw life into a big whirlwind, I'm not sure we're back on track with anything yet!

And one day, I will at least update my signature, but I do need to share some pictures too!!
sig2-sm