Inducing labor ourselves?

iVillage Member
Inducing labor ourselves?
Thu, 04-26-2012 - 4:57pm

Anyone have any ideas on how to get things moving? We have been walking all over town every day for a week. I told the doctor that and she kind of laughed and said that it wouldn't help (REALLY???). TMI alert...We have had sex as much as possible, still nothing. Tried spinningbabies.com excercises to get LO to move down, nada. Any other ideas? How can I get my water to break? I want to meet this little guy :)

JenAaron.jpg picture by jen2075

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-26-2012 - 5:33pm
Yeah my midwife also says walking doesn't help either until you are actually in labour. She said sometimes it could even prevent labour because someone's body is too tired from all of the walking.

It seems the only method that is sometimes successful is castor oil but it can be a gross one

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-26-2012 - 5:47pm
That's funny since one of the OBs in the office told me to walk to get this guy to move down. She also suggested a bumpy car ride (I kid you not). It's interesting to see how different opinions are.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-26-2012 - 6:50pm
I think it really shows that no one has any idea what starts labour. It is still one of those mysteries.... and stubborn babies don't seem to care what we do to try and make them come earlier LOL

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-26-2012 - 8:49pm
Yeah it's so much opinion and body hormones. We were walking like crazy and they told me to stop too. I had the membrane sweeping along with sex and nothing. I don't know what to suggest to you! This is a stubborn group of hangers-on left.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-27-2012 - 2:07am
I'm trying to think if I did anything differently the day labor started or days leading up to. I moved the weekend before I gave birth. But really, I did no heavy lifting or anything, so not sure if that really had an effect.

The day I before I went into the labor, I cleaned my old house (scrubbed all the walls and windows) while dh did everything most everything else. The day I went into labor I pushed my dd in the stroller and played with her 2+ hours at the park then pushed her back. I had absolutely no contractions or "signs", but when I lied down w/ my dd to nap right after we got back, that's when my water broke.

So, was there anything that helped? I have no idea. But looking back it's funny because I texted a gf to ask her if she had any signs she was going to go into labor the day she had her son not knowing that just a couple hours later I would go into labor!

So, I prob didn't answer your ? I did do a lot of physical activity the days before. Maybe that helped or maybe it was all just coincidence.
http://lilypie.com/">Lilypie First Birthday tickers