its almost March! how is your checklist looking?

iVillage Member
its almost March! how is your checklist looking?
Mon, 02-27-2012 - 10:56am

I know a while back some of us had made the end of March as being a goal to get some things does, like the nursery. How did everyone do? Will you be done everything you were hoping to get done in the next few days?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-27-2012 - 11:12am
Wow...I am impressed!

Um swing still in box. Bassinet has no sheet.
Carseat has been washed and bouncer has been washed. Clothes are all washed. Blankets washed.
All soaps/ diapers/ wet wipes/ pacifiers/ towels have been purchased.
Need to pack babies bag and mine.
Im painting my kitchen right now! Studied timing but I feel compelled!
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-27-2012 - 11:37am
That is impressive!

I ordered a dresser that comes in mid-March. I went through the clothes I have and discovered that I have no boy clothes at all. I washed the 4 girl newborn sleepers and all of the receiving blankets I have. My friend has a box of girl clothes and a box of boy clothes for me but we were waiting to find out the gender. I think I might ask for a few of the boy sleepers just to get us through the first few days.

Nothing else is done or set up. I want to pull out the carseat and make sure it is clean.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-27-2012 - 2:56pm

Sounds like you got a lot done!!

I feel as though I still have a lot to do...ugh. The clothes are all washed & put away, the crib is set up and we bought the bedding, car seat is ready to be put in the car along with the little mirror, some nursery decorating is done but not all. We need to bring the swing up from the basement, get a new changing table pad, a diaper bag since the other one is broken :(, buy some diapers and I really want to get a couple new sleepers for him/her. I still need to pack our bags which I probably won't do for a few more weeks.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-27-2012 - 9:29pm
I am a little OCD about having things done pretty far in advance while I still feel up to it. My goal was to have the nursery done and the bags packed by Wednesday and I think I pretty much have it. I just need to sew the black out curtains (I had to order the fabric in to my Joann's which is taking longer than anticipated) and then throw in some clothes for me, phone chargers, last minute stuff when we actually go to the hospital. I bought a few passies, have the nursing pads, boppy, etc ready to go. I've washed everything and got it set up. I didn't want to post a pic of my nursery until I got the curtains finished but hopefully I can show it off soon :)

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-28-2012 - 12:10am

The only things on my checklist left to do are to pack my hospital bag and need to buy nursing stuff: nursing bras, breast pump, bottles, and also need new nightgown to take to the hospital. Those will be purchased this week. Everything else is set up and ready to go.

Karen

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-28-2012 - 12:12am
I agree that as much relaxing as can be had, the better. I need nursing bras too but have hesitated since my size fluctuates.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-28-2012 - 1:48pm
Doing pretty good at this point. I wanted everything ready to go by 35 weeks and now at 32 1/2 weeks, I'm almost there. We have the nursery pretty much set up with the crib and bedding (washed). All of the clothes are washed and put up on shelves (no dresser yet, but I'm told we're getting one soon). I still need to wash the pads on the bouncer and swings. We also need to pay off our travel system, but we have it on layaway at BRU to see if my work baby shower yields any gift cards (for other staff members here, they collect money and give people a gift card, so it might happen for me, too). As soon as we have that card, we're off to pick up the travel system. After we have that, we're pretty much functional and ready to go. Oh, and I need to order new tubes, valves, and attachments to replace on the pump my sister is loaning me (everything that touches milk, I know needs to be replaced). That's it. I'm feeling pretty good and I also know that if push comes to shove and I were to go into labor today (I certainly hope not), we could pick it up today if we needed to. Feels good to be this close to ready for the arrival.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-28-2012 - 3:41pm
I still have to get the pump valves and membranes too. I'm waiting for a local shop here to get them in. I'm not in a major hurry for the pump parts. If for any reason I need to be pumping in the beginning I'll make sure I have it then I guess.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-01-2012 - 7:34pm
I got the crib up, the carseat in the car (i am using the seat my daughter was using a week ago), and a pack of diapers bought. I am just not in the mood to get ready.