Last Baby for Me...Kind of Hitting Me Hard Now

iVillage Member
Last Baby for Me...Kind of Hitting Me Hard Now
Fri, 03-09-2012 - 6:39am

I have been saying all of this time that I cannot wait for this pregnancy to be over. It's been unfun and I've had more pains this time around and scares. My mom was telling me that I should enjoy it as much as I could because it will be my last time. However, I was stubborn and insisted that I didn't care, I just wanted it to be over.

Now I still feel like "I can't wait for this to be over." But at the same time I don't want it to end. I was watching A Baby Story and the lady put it in a way I totally agree with. I am not saying that I want more children but it is sad because it is an end of a period of my life. I will never revisit this period in my life again. This is it for me. Next time I hold a baby, after this one, will be my grandchild (hopefully).

Each time I feel Adam move inside of me I stop what I am doing and I try and enjoy it (even if it does hurt like h*ll!). Every time he hiccups I will hold my belly

Karen

iVillage Member
I'm right there with you! This is our last one as well, and I was so worried and scared about this pregnancy, I feel like I've lost great moments from it. I know its gonna be really hard on me later on since I'm only 25, and all my friends are either starting to have babies, ok will be starting for their second soon, so I'll be around pregnancy and newborns alot. DH and I started earlier than other ( I was 20 and he was 24) so I also feel like this part of my like will be over pretty young.

Photobucket
iVillage Member

I understand completely! When I was pregnant with my last DS my then DH went behind my back and had a vasectomy! I was devastated as I found out we were having our

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member

Wow, I would be so mad at my dh if he went behind my back and did such a drastic thing without consulting me first. I am so happy for you to finally be getting your girl. I know there were many times we thought we were done and now here we are on our fourth.

We are older parents and I think that helps add to it. Before when we were younger and we said we were done there was still that chance that maybe we weren't. But now that we know that I will be 54 and dh 60 when Adam turns 18 we think this is definitely it.

I remember being told when I was younger that we should enjoy the time while our children were young because it goes fast. I didn't want to hear it. Kind of hard to understand their sentiment when you are the parent of multiple toddlers who are highly energetic and in their terrible threes. Now I understand what they meant.

I am sure the hormones aren't helping either. It's just got me thinking that this is the last time I will ever experience holding my baby for the first time in my arms and looking at their face and knowing that the love I feel is unlike anything I ever felt before.

Add to that that my oldest baby will be starting high school this fall, my second will be starting middle school, and my youngest will be going to kindergarten. In just four short years I will be the mom of an adult. Being a parent is so hard and its not for the reasons I once thought. All of the craziness of raising kids is not as hard, I think, as knowing that soon you will have to let your children go and branch out on their own and start their own lives.

Karen

iVillage Member

I was a young first time mom as well giving birth to my first months after turning 22. I am glad that I did as it allowed me time to decide to have more children later on if I wanted. I figure if we started later we probably wouldn't have as many kids as we do. However, I kind of wish we had decided on a third a little earlier. I really would have loved to have five kids but it looks like four will have to do. It helps that you will have friends with babies. All of our friends were done before us and we know will not be having any more

Karen

iVillage Member
This baby was sort of a bonus for me. We thought we were done with our 5th. I have enjoyed the special pregnancy moments but it has been a rough pregnancy and I am looking forward to feeling normal again. I do feel some sadness knowing this is the end of an era but it has to end sometime and I am looking forward to what there is ahead. DH and I are still young enough to enjoy all of the kids and we will make the most of being a complete family now.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
So well said. I know I will have the same emotions when it comes time to be 'done'. It's hard to imagine not being at this point in life anymore. You're right--it's a closing chapter--and that in itself is bittersweet. Thank goodness that you have been blessed with four little ones :)

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
I'm kind of right there with you. Even though we thought our 4th was our last and I did all I could to enjoy every bit of that pregnancy, it was really nice to get to experience things again. I will not miss these last few weeks that are so much harder but I'm not really looking forward to never having any of these feelings again. :( *hugs*
sig2-sm

iVillage Member

My last one too even if it is my first, yeah it sound odd.

iVillage Member
I'm in the same boat...we said after our third one who is special needs we were never having another so this was a shock as well as scary to think he could have similar problems...but we have also decided that I am getting a tubal when done with this pregnancy...it's totally bittersweet and kinda sad at the same time. I wish you luck and hopefully we all have friends who will have babies so we can get our fix later on
Photobucket