L&D... again!

iVillage Member
L&D... again!
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 7:22pm

I had my hospital appointment yesterday, u/s looked great, got 8/8 on the bpp. BP was good, and protein in my urine was still there. They sent me for bloodwork, but i didnt get the results yet.

Today I had my regular OB visit. He did the gbs swab and an internal exam and all looked well. The protein in my urine was up to +2 and my BP was 134/100! which is crazy high for me.he took it about 5 times,

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 7:25pm
Yikes! Don't stress, that isn't good for the blood pressure! ;) Glad it went down for you after lunch, though. I hope things stay calm for you until you hit 37 weeks.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 7:41pm
It is *so* good that they are keeping a close eye on you. It can spiral out of control in a minute and at least this way they'll know if anything needs to be done. Only two weeks more for you girl! You can do it! Hang in there :)

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 7:46pm
I know!! 2 weeks... at the most! isnt that just crazy????
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 7:48pm
...It is insane. Honestly as everyone gets closer and closer to full term, induction dates, etc it is making me more and more nervous. I am scared to death about having this baby for some reason. I'm excited to see everyone's babies and birth stories but :: gulp :: nervous about my own the closer everyone else gets.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 8:00pm
One of these times very soon you are gonna be leaving L&D with your baby girl :) I am glad they are keeping a close eye on you

Julianne - I am sick of being pregnant but I am not ready to have a baby. What a conundrum LOL

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 8:04pm
You dont need to be scared! everything wil go great. I cant believe everyone on this board has made it this far and looks like they'll make it full term...even me! thats something that i would have never expected if you asked me months ago
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 8:07pm
Caroline-I continue to be very thankful that our board has proven to be quite healthy!

Chris-Thank goodness I am not yet physically to the point where I want to throw in the towel. I am just trying to mentally get ready and it isn't going well. I'm honestly having to fight myself a bit to keep from getting a little depressed and anxiety ridden. My emotions have been everywhere this pregnancy and I fear the unknown--will my water break? Will I have time to get there? Will it be as hard going from 2 to 3 as it was from 1 to 2? Argh!

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 8:13pm

Jeez a day like that would of increased my blood pressure! But then again I am not much for the hospital!! Hang in there Momma you are sooo very close! Bed rest is stressful, BUT take it as some much needed rest before LO gets here! Take it easy and avoid stressful situations/people. I do not have BP issues but find myself literally telling people "your stressing me out!" LOL I have no patience right now!

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 8:14pm

I am glad that they are going to keep monitoring you. Two weeks, that's amazing to think about! I remember early on there were many worries for you and I am so glad that it seems you will make it to full term. :)

Karen

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 8:44pm
You have some awesome so far.....just a little bit to go. Glad you can be home though . That's one positive. Relax ....... and nothing is so important that needs be done right now.... taking care of yourself is priority #1.
Your dr. Sounds like a good one....

Pages