Monday check in

iVillage Member
Monday check in
Mon, 04-23-2012 - 7:12am
HHow's everyone's week looking? How was your weekend? Everyone feeling good and on the up and up? :)

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-23-2012 - 2:19pm
I got the pp sweating going on too. I am sooo hot at night but I don't want to turn on the fan because the baby sleeps with us. Connor's baby acne arrived today... lovely!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-23-2012 - 2:55pm

5wks PP & hormone sweating too! And miss Tobi has bad baby acne... :(

Brandie Lilypie - Personal picture
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-23-2012 - 3:35pm
Glad im not alone with the sweating.
Told dh I think I am now going through menopause with the hot flash crap.
Had the window open least night a little. Baby sleeps with me. Felt so good till we got some crazy thunder storm.just about jumped out of my skin.
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-23-2012 - 4:20pm
Oh man, I hate PP sweating! I feel bad for you guys. That's so uncomfortable. I usually have a hard time with it regardless because I always 'run hot' so to speak. I don't think I've ever had much issue with baby acne, but I know DS2 would not keep those mittens on his hands and he tore his face up. He actually has a scar from it.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-23-2012 - 4:21pm
That's interesting you mention the newborn pics and the lady making a comment. We took Ds1 and Ds2 to get pics when he was about 10 days old and someone said the same thing to me then. Please people mind your own business. It isn't going to hurt a baby or mother to be out in public. Not to mention in my area with it being a military town it is not at all unusual for newborns to be out with moms--half our husbands are never home!

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-23-2012 - 8:34pm
Well I had another annoying thing happen today! Wish people would just seriously myob!

So I go to the grocery store....seriously out of everything. Brought along my 12 yo dd to help. Well baby starts freaking. Well I had on two shirts. A tank top (cami) and a tee shirt. So I pull up the tee and pulled the neck of the the tank down. Latched on baby and put a blanket over the top and tucked under my shoulder bra strap. You could NOT see a thing. Not a tiny bit of skin and I was walking around grocery store while my dd pushed cart and grabbed what we needed. Well this lady passes by me and says " that is soooo disgusting"... I was like wtf??? Wow I wished I had the nerve to say something. But there is no use frighting such closed minded uneducated people! What did she want.....a screaming baby? Or a content one? Or one that takes bottles? Oh for the love of people.
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-23-2012 - 8:38pm
Wow. Just wow. That had to have been someone with no kids. Nobody with a baby who has ever breast fed would ever say that -- especially about covered nursing! I'm sorry apparently new moms should be sequestered for the public peace. Sarcasm intended there.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-23-2012 - 8:50pm
Hey...I would love to sit in my recliner all day and snuggle my baby and eat bon bons. But I sometimes have crap to do and I guess I can't make everyone in this world happy....
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-23-2012 - 11:10pm
It's my due date and I'm feeling pretty down. Saw my doc this morning and I still haven't dilated at all. He wasn't discouraging, but this basically means my chances of a vbac are rapidly disappearing.

My DD and I both have colds. So I feel like utter crap. Last week the weather was about 90 and we don't have air conditioning, so I spent the week sick and sweating like a pig. Thankfully it was rainy today. The good side of going late is that it will give us more time to get over our colds.

We had a NST today and the baby was pretty lazy. They had to use a buzzer to wake him up. That freaked me out. Fortunally he passed after that.

Just ready to get healthy and be done.
 Pregnancy Ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-24-2012 - 1:00am
Gosh what a horrible comment to make. Kudos to you for being able to nurse and grocery shop! I would be saying, "Wow that lady is a great multitasker." LOL

Photobucket