My Whine - plenty of it.

iVillage Member
My Whine - plenty of it.
Tue, 03-20-2012 - 11:00am

I'm sick - I have this horrible honking seal cough - just a general respiratory cold - one I can't do anything about especially becaues I'm pregnant. I just have to suffer through. But I cough so hard that I get light headed. And considering that Lucas has had it for 2 weeks, James for just over a week, and now me for 4 days - I'm pretty sure it's not going away any time soon.

But what if the baby comes early - while I feel like crapola? And the house is full of germs? UGH!! the stress.

I lost my mucus plug over a week ago. No biggie. But ever since then I have had even MORE mucus when I wipe and starting Saturday I have had blood tinged too. Then yesterday, it became fresh blood, not a lot, just as I wiped, but more than just streaked in the mucus. I have had minimal braxton hicks, no sex or anything [James has been sick and gone] I don't think I should be concerned but not sure if I should be. I'm sure that just means some cervical change but nothing enough to even get the BH going. I still have 4 weeks to go so no worries there, but it's just odd and keeps me paying attention but I feel like I'm just anxiously waiting, like it might happen soon, but I doubt it. All of my babies have gone to term.

But then last night, I was having some contractions, a few woke me up from a sleep but they still weren't anything to be concerned about. I think I was just not sleeping so soundly with all the crud going on.

My belly feels crampy [like PMS but not contractions] really low and heavy too. I cannot wait to see my doc on Thursday and have her confirm that things are moving along or it's just a weird thing and I still have weeks to go. I hate this unknown time.

All the usual late pregnancy complaints are rolling in. I'm just so tired and achey and want to just lounge all day. But I'm chasing a 15 month old monkey around the house - he gets into EVERYTHING. James is only here a couple days a week but isn't much help because he's busy with other things too.

I know it's hard now because of my belly and aching hips and even though I will have 2 babies to juggle, at least I'll be able to bend over! And after a few days, I can get up from my chair without nearly crying and stumbling around until the ache wears off. And htat horrible shooting pain in my left inner thigh will go away. And I will be able to breathe and hold babies in my lap without being uncomfy. And even though I will be waking up with a newborn, at least the sleep I get should be GOOD sleep. Oh I'm so tired.

Have you seen my ankles? Me either. They're too swollen.

Ok, I'll be done whining now. I might be back later. I do need to get the baby clothes washed and organized and bags packed. I'm a procrastinator but I think it's probably time to start getting it done just in case. It's my to-do list for today.

sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-20-2012 - 11:40am

Take a spoon of

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-20-2012 - 11:41am
Being sick when you are so pregnant is an absolute nightmare. During my last pregnancy I developed an awful cold like that when I was 4 days overdue. I was so sick and so miserable and I did have the baby while I was still sick and then the baby got the cold too. It was not good. I am so scared of that happening again that I have been the vitamin queen. I hope that you and the kids are feeling better before the baby arrives!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-20-2012 - 11:59am
We are dealing with it too. I have had a cough for almost 2 weeks. My pelvic floor muscles are in sad shape.
Had I think the last 2 kids get it this week......they have 10 days to get over it!!!!!;)
No advise just hoping you have a speedy recovery. Plan on 2 weeks till better. :(
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-20-2012 - 2:32pm

:(

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-20-2012 - 7:44pm

I had a bad cold about a week ago . My dh had a high fever with it over 101 . So I was taking care of him and going to work , not any fun . We are both better now thank goodness !! I hope all of you are better before you have the baby !! Try to get some rest when ever you can ...